My Stash just grew again (2009)

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 01, 2009, 02:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 06, 2009, 02:54:55 AM
Quote from: Weaver on August 05, 2009, 06:52:47 PM
Williams Brothers 1/72nd Martin B-10B.  :wub: :party: For Spanish Civil War service, possibly modded (need to do some research).

I added Mercury's and spinners to mine

Nice!   :thumbsup:

I'm considering that, since I have a scrap Airfix Blenheim to plunder. I'm also acquiring a small fleet of Revellobox H-70s which have an optional Gnome-Rhone 14 cowling too....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on August 06, 2009, 04:43:12 AM
Just arrived, directly from AIRFIX..... 1:72 Canberra PR9. Very good service, arrived inside 36hrs. Looks to be a nice kit on first glance, but panel lines to be appear to be very deep.

Ian

I e-mailed my local Model Zone yesterday as to when they were likely to have this in stock and this is the answer I got (name omited for embarrasment reasons)

"Good Morning

In regards to your request, it is likely that particular item will be here for the last quarter of 2009. As soon as we get the item in stock we will email you that is available."

And they wonder why people use the Web  :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

JJC

revell:
F-104g 'Olympus'-1/32
A-10 'Thunnderbolt'-1/72

Airfix:
SU-27 'FLANKER'-1/72

all for £20 pound note with change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:
KEEP THE VULCAN FLYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 06, 2009, 05:32:28 AM
I e-mailed my local Model Zone yesterday as to when they were likely to have this in stock and this is the answer I got (name omited for embarrasment reasons)

"Good Morning

In regards to your request, it is likely that particular item will be here for the last quarter of 2009. As soon as we get the item in stock we will email you that is available."

Just do what I did, Chris, if you really want one (or more) simply go to the source, it's so easy  :thumbsup:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Mike Wren

Just arrived, directly from AIRFIX..... 1:72 Canberra PR9. Very good service, arrived inside 36hrs. Looks to be a nice kit on first glance, but panel lines to be appear to be very deep.

Ian

"Good Morning

unfortunately that's all the information you usually get from the manufacturer sometimes. You're also assuming Airfix send them all out to stockists as soon as they're released; whereas in our shop (a pretty big Hornby/Airfix stockist) we waited about a week to get our Spit PR XIXs, Hawk 120s etc in direct from Airfix last week. Trev 'Howard of E' actually came into our shop and showed me the ones he'd bought from elsewhere and ours took about another 3 or 4 days to turn up  :banghead:

Weaver

Well I got a nice surprise yesterday. I was expecting a single canopy from Aircav: what I got was a box full of canopies, fuselages and wings from all sorts of things, all excellent whiff fodder, of course.

You're a scholar and a gentleman, Sir!  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Quote from: Mike Wren on August 06, 2009, 12:04:29 PM

Ian

"Good Morning

unfortunately that's all the information you usually get from the manufacturer sometimes. You're also assuming Airfix send them all out to stockists as soon as they're released; whereas in our shop (a pretty big Hornby/Airfix stockist) we waited about a week to get our Spit PR XIXs, Hawk 120s etc in direct from Airfix last week. Trev 'Howard of E' actually came into our shop and showed me the ones he'd bought from elsewhere and ours took about another 3 or 4 days to turn up  :banghead:

I suppose I should have realised that Mike. You somehow expect the shops to have their fingers on the pulse a little more or perhaps the reps to keep them informed ! Old school thinking I know  :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mike Wren

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 07, 2009, 12:49:22 AM

I suppose I should have realised that Mike. You somehow expect the shops to have their fingers on the pulse a little more or perhaps the reps to keep them informed ! Old school thinking I know  :banghead:

you should be so lucky!  ;D we have hundreds of new items into stock every single week from tens of suppliers, we probably only know in advance when about 5% of those are actually going to turn up!

Sauragnmon

Or, your store's got a distributor who sucks horribly - I'm going on two months waiting for a pair of Hobbycraft 1/72 Arrows I ordered.  The irony? the distributor my local store goes through is Hobbycraft.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Radish

All from Revell, 1/72nd, all ex-Matchbox:

2 x Privateer
2 x Beaufighter
1 x Norseman
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

AeroplaneDriver

Quite a day from the postie today!

From the ebay fairy:

Monogram 1/72 F-16XL
Airfix 1/72 TSR.2

From the nice people at Target:

Finemolds 1/72 X-Wing
Finemolds 1/72 TIE Fighter-both stunningly beautiful kits to someone whose only SW kit experience is from AMT/MPC snap-tite kits!

And last, but in no way shape or form least...some of you may remember my little rant a few weeks ago when a lot arrived from an ebay seller.  It was two Monogram F-14s and a Fujimi Phantom FGR.2.  Both Tomcats were started and the Phantom was completely assembled, but there was no mention of it in the auction post.  It worked out OK since the Phantom quickly became my RAF Vietnam Phantom, but I did email the seller to let him know I was a little disapointed with the purchase.  Well the guy apologised over and over and said he simply forgot to put that they were started.  Looking at his other auctions, he did post in most of them that the kits were at least partially started, so it was obviously an honest mistake so I told him no big deal, and that the Phantom was put together nicely.

Well the guy insisted that he had to send some stuff to make up for the error.  I expected maybe a few decals or something...well the package arrived today containing:

Hase 1/72 TF-18-mostly assembled, but well put together-I love this kit for whiffing-tons of useful parts!
Italeri 1/72 Su-27D Sea Flanker-nicely assembled, unpainted
Tukuda Hobby (?) 1/72 MiG31-unassembled, ton of whif parts!
Italeri 1/72 F-18D-nicely assembled, painted gray
Dragon 1/144 'F-14 vs Su22'- both unstarted
Fujimi 1/72 F-14A-most fuselage assembly nicely completed
Eagle Strike 1/48 F-14 Tomcats Part 1 decal sheet, uncut
Aeromaster 1/48 F-14 "Anytime Babe" decal sheet, uncut
Superscale 1/72 Bicentennial Tomcats decal sheet, uncut
Microscale 1/72 F-4B CAG Birds decal sheet, uncut
Aeromaster 1/72 F-18 Stencils, uncut
Misc. spare kit decals, mostly F-14
Model Technologies 1/72 PE Jet Aircraft mirrors
and finally...
Verlinden carrier deck card base.

phew!  The guy said he was getting out of the hobby due to failing eyesight, which I hated to hear, but I didnt expect him to offload so much of his unfinished stash like this!  Gotta send a nice thank-you!

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Good score, Nick..... and if you cannot find a use for those 1:72 CAG decals, I could could give them a good and caring home  :thumbsup:. In the meantime, my will-power took a a holiday and I bought (another) Monogram Hawker Typhoon from Malcolm Rawlings/Kingkit. This one cost me £7.00, the last time I bought one it was from eBay and only set-me-back £3.00 !  :banghead:

It's going to be my second build for the SMW theme this year..... two-tone grey with blue undersides, Soviet Black Sea Fleet c.1945.

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

Radish

I must admit to liking the idea of a Soviet tiffie.....I was thinking winter camouflage though. A long time in the future though, and I love Monogram Tiffies.
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Weaver

This really, really has to stop soon......  (famous last words  :rolleyes:)

From the LHS, Airfix 1/72nd Brewster Buffalo. I'd been umming and ahhing about adding one to my SCW collection, but the fact that I've just realised I've got 29 Flying Hours points made my mind up.... ;D

From the ebay fairy:

Italeri 1/72nd Il-28 Beagle. Looks MUCH better than the Airfix ones I've got. That makes four Beagles now....

Heller 1/72nd Polikarpov I-153 in an old, old boxing. For SCW conversions.

A set of decals from an Italeri Sparviero: it's got some desirable SCW Nationalist markings on it (black circle with unit badge) and some very funky Italian squadron badges too... :wub:

And last, one of those I-love-ebay moments: an unidentified "mystery kit". Obviously an F-16 of some kind, I guessed it to be 1/144th and won it for less than £4 inc. postage. Turns out to be a 1/72nd Airfix A/B.... ;D :thumbsup:

From Hobbycraft: another plastic draw insert/tray for my expanding tool collection, another plastic project box, and a pack of really small-tipped craft knife blades.

And finally Cyril, while I've been typing this, I have just, after nearly a year of trying, managed to win a Heller He.112 whose price didn't go stratospheric in the last two minutes... :party: :drink: :thumbsup:

- Indiana Jones

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: Radish on August 07, 2009, 10:42:34 AM
I must admit to liking the idea of a Soviet tiffie.....I was thinking winter camouflage though. A long time in the future though, and I love Monogram Tiffies.

Terry, that's a good thought.... It could happen, I would simply move the timeline to Winter '44/'45 and the location to the Baltic front.... maybe operating from the ice on Lake Lagoda..... on Skis..... Anybody got any 1:48 skis from the Accurate Miniatures IL2 they aren't using ?...... I'm getting carried away again aren't I.

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)