My Stash just grew again (2009)

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 01, 2009, 02:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Modelling_Mushi

Just managed to crawl in before SWMBO caught me, getting dangerous now I thionk she is on the point of body cavity searching me each time I go out  :wacko:

Went to the LHS to get some Alclad II a mate told me was in, came back with that plus

Airfix 1/72 Fokker Friendship, this one is going to get a different livery or upper surface blown turbojets, depending on my mood;
ANOTHER 1/72 Italeri Ju86 (only A$10, how could I resist), makes 3 now and this one is going to become a four engined bi-plane one day;
Eduard 1/48 Weeekend edition Mirage III - sucker for a delta
HobbyBoss F84 - plans for this one as a VTOL hybrid

got no idea how this happens, perhaps it's my evil twin at work again. Having trouble making the stash appear not to grow while it does, have to start burying them in the back yard to avoid detection.
Going to be finished in 2021 BEFORE I start any da*!#d new ones - CF-IDS Wolverine; Douglas Mawson; Bubba Wants a Fishin' Rig; NA F-100

Against the Wall - Maton Dreadnought; Fender Telecaster; Epiphone Les Paul Studio

thedarkmaster

Just got in the posr from eBay.

PM model IAI Nesher, for a bargain price......even for one of those kits.

Luckily my wife is still asleep so she's not noticed it has come yet.  ;D  ;D
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Had to be from Liverpool, eh ? - Let's just reinforce that stereotype  :blink:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

NARSES2

Quote from: Weaver on August 07, 2009, 02:05:35 PM

Heller 1/72nd Polikarpov I-153 in an old, old boxing. For SCW conversions.

A set of decals from an Italeri Sparviero: it's got some desirable SCW Nationalist markings on it (black circle with unit badge) and some very funky Italian squadron badges too... :wub:

Have you seen these for your SCW theme Weaver ?

http://www.hannants.co.uk/search/?FULL=PH7672

http://www.hannants.co.uk/search/?FULL=PH7673

2 kits per box in "Easy Build" style. I've got a couple of the "Panzer46" kits and they are nice.

As for the SM79 sheet - Ialian unit markings are gorgeous arn't they ?  :wub:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

I've got a SMER boxing of the Heller kit...beautiful (in fact I have several :rolleyes:0 ) and apart from the SCW one I have "in build", there's a USN one planned (yellow wings), RAF one too and lots of other ones possible. Check out some of the Il2 Games screenshots as well...Googling helps.

:party:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Weaver

Quote from: Radish on August 08, 2009, 02:56:00 AM
I've got a SMER boxing of the Heller kit...beautiful (in fact I have several :rolleyes:0 ) and apart from the SCW one I have "in build", there's a USN one planned (yellow wings), RAF one too and lots of other ones possible. Check out some of the Il2 Games screenshots as well...Googling helps.

:party:

I've got a SMER regular one and a Hi-Tech Plus one, whose resin skis and blue swastikas are destined for a Finnish Fokker D.XXIII.

NARSES2 - arggh - DON'T start me on tanks, I've got a scary list of aircraft already! http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,23660.msg361994.html#msg361994  :o
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

sideshowbob9

LHS:

Academy 1/144 Su-22 Fitter (my niece called it a "fritter" so that'll be its new ASCC designation once I've modded it.)
Novo 1/72 Bristol 138A (tandem Merlin late-war high-alt. PR machine)
Matchbox 1/72 P-70 Havoc
Revell 1/72 He-177
Revell 1/72 BV 138 (for the magnetic degaussing ring - its going on an A-1)

Ebay (all 1/72):

Airfix Boston III
Italeri Fw-190D-9
Aoshima?? N1K2-J

Martin H

something a little differnt this time.

Hornby skaledale airfield control tower.

looks like the airfix one doesnt it?   almost, its about a 1/3rd smaller.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

chrisonord

This morning arrived a bag full of goodies from Philp,
Some SR-71 bits, F-16 bits and a load of other stuff I can't put a name to. Marvellous SHADO fodder :thumbsup: :bow:
Cheers,
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Spey_Phantom

im back from Wings & Wheels Ursel, and i brought back

revell 1/144 Alpha Jet
revell 1/72 Blackburn Skua
SMER 1/72 Morane Soulnier MS230
Heller 1/72 Hawker Hurricane Mk.1
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Barry Krell

You'll love the Skua.  Feel the history in all it's basic glory.  Tip: replace the engine with one from a Blenheim.

Today, I got a pair of Hobbyboss Spitfires and a Falcon canopy set.
Aston Martin  - Power, Beauty, Soul.

nev

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on August 08, 2009, 02:00:01 AM
Had to be from Liverpool, eh ? - Let's just reinforce that stereotype  :blink:

Ian

eh? :unsure:
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Barry Krell

I think he means that they're all cheeky, bubble permed, moustaschioed, shell suited, theiving scallies. 

Calm down!
Aston Martin  - Power, Beauty, Soul.

nev

So, nothing like Johnny Red then..... :unsure: