Heller 1/48 Jaguar A
HobbyBoss 1/48 Rafale B
Revell 1/72 Jaguar GR.1A
Airfix 1/48 Red Arrows Hawk
HobbyBoss 1/72 N/AW A-10A
2 x Revell 1/144 F-19 Stealth
Glencoe 1/200 Convair Manned Observation Satellite
True Details 1/48 Lightning F.6 Cockpit
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

frank2056

From Sprue Brothers:

Trumpeter 1/350 scale S-100 Schnellboot - not quite the same kit as the Bronco S-100

Barrel Depot 120mm smooth bore metal barrel for my 1/35 scale Trumpter M1A2

Dragon 1/144 A-10A Thunderbolt II. The box has two planes and comes with tons of mud moving and tank cooking ordinance. It's staggering, and a very nice surprise. It was also only $10, so by law I had to buy it.

Zevezda 1/350 scale November class (K-3, although it has decals for others) nuclear sub. I love Russian subs, and this one is one of the funkier looking ones.

frank2056

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on August 13, 2009, 06:53:44 PM
2 x Revell 1/144 F-19 Stealth
Glencoe 1/200 Convair Manned Observation Satellite

The F-19 is a nice little kit. The Convair kit... I hope you have a lot of putty and enjoy PSRing in hard to reach spots! It's pretty big and impressive when finished, though.

Howard of Effingham

yesterday.....

airfix 1/72 canberra B8
airfix 1/72 canberra PR9
RoG 1/72 UC-64 norseman

those canberra's are nice kits,  :thumbsup:
Keeper of George the Cat.

Radish

Pegasus Hobbies 1/72nd BA-6 Armoured Car (2 in a box)...great, I now have 3 for my "Biggles" display and an extra for something else....Croatian?
Pegasus Hobbies 1/48th P-51B Mustang (x 2) which looks easy and typical, well fitting, etc.. Lots of scope for quick builds and I have lots of 1/48th decals.
:party: :party: :party: :drink:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

nev

Airfix 1/72 Me-109G for review

What was I thinking????????????  If I praise the kit I get slagged by the 109 Experten, if I don't praise the kit I get slagged by the Airfix worshippers! :banghead:
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Radish

Answer both:
Say it builds into a pleasing model (if it does)
Say it's a nice model but inaccurate for a '109. :cheers:

nev

Quoteinaccurate

Are you criticising Airfix?  *unleashes the crusading hordes from ATF & BM* :D
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Mossie

Quote from: nev on August 14, 2009, 10:16:00 AM

What was I thinking????????????  If I praise the kit I get slagged by the 109 Experten, if I don't praise the kit I get slagged by the Airfix worshippers! :banghead:

Tell it how it is Nev & try not to be influenced by others who might have axes to grind, or just their own opinions.  If it's innacurate, say so, if it's a putty hound, say so, if it lacks detail, say so.  If it's not, say so (theme developing here).  Try not to review it as an Airfix kit, just as a kit & how you find it.  Don't get dragged into an Airfix versus Tamigawa battle.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

nev

Yeah, I know.  Thing is, there is a lot to criticise on this kit, the experten will probably complain I've not trashed it enough! :D

Packaging is nice though :)

Sauragnmon

I have one of the Airfix 109G's I'm sure... I plan on modifying it though.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

NARSES2

Quote from: nev on August 14, 2009, 10:16:00 AM

Nev just start from the point of "what market is this kit aimed at ?" If it goes together ok and looks good then it's a good project for youngsters at a reasonable price with some nice markings options, if not then ------ be gentle !
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

And remember, it's perfectly accurate for the Iraqi-production examples of 1946. :party:

Spey_Phantom

its amazing what kind of things a guy can find on a rummage sale  :mellow:
this morning i came home with

- revell 1/144 EF Typhoon (second one for Naval Typhoon conversion)
- Hasagawa 1/72 Curtis SOC-3 Seagull
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

sideshowbob9

Ebay:

A KP? Su-7BKL (part of my growing PLANAF Q-7 Fritter family  ;D)
.....& an Usk? SM.82 vacu-monster :blink: Probably a bit outta my league but if I F it up I'm sure someone on this forum can find it in their hearts to take it in!  ;D