My Stash just grew again (2009)

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 01, 2009, 02:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

Why don't you mark the teas as coffees & vice versa to confuse the JMN's, that might cause a bit of head scratching!  The Airfix bread pudding is quite acceptable, but it's worth paying the extra few quid for the new Revell release.   Shouldn't be too difficult to bash it into bread & butter pudding, a bit of effort, but it'd be worth it!

The Airfix Devastator?  It's nice toasted, with some brown sauce drizzled on it.

:drink: :party: :drink: :party: :drink: :party: :drink:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Weaver

Quote from: Steel Penguin on August 23, 2009, 02:06:41 AM
also holds up hand, no canberras here as well. .

And the other hand from behind your back.  No, both hands together.... :rolleyes: Now roll your sleeves up....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

chrisonord

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on August 22, 2009, 11:18:24 PM
eBay again !.....

1:72 Esci F-111A for seven English pounds. Great for What Iffing - Obviously a 'Merlin' all I have to do is decide which scheme to use from my carefully hoarded Xtradecal TSR2 sheets. Just watched a Hasegawa F-111F go for £72.00 (US = $120.00)..... Madness I tell you  :blink:

Ian
It's brain dead loony prices for model kits that make this once affordable hobby start to become out of reach to people (paupers) like me :angry: :banghead:
Chris (got any spare change mister?) Hall :lol:
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Martin H

Just got back from Yate. (Avon show)

bit of a Phantom fest this time................

Fujimi F-4B.
Fujimi F-4C/D
Fujimi F-4N
Fujimi F-4S
Hasagawa F-4E

Non tooms now.....
Matchbox Canberra PR-9 (from Kit rescue, larisa had been holding this one back for me since Perth)
Matchbox Lysander. Missing a few bits, but im in need of a parts doner...and for £1 Im happy.
Bodyjob resin F9F-8T Cougar trainer conversion. From Mike McEvoy
Hasagawa JASDF weapon set 1.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Aircav

Off EB, a 1/48 Italeri Tigre PAH-2.
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: Martin H on August 23, 2009, 12:46:31 PM
bit of a Phantom fest this time................

Fujimi F-4B.
Fujimi F-4C/D
Fujimi F-4N
Fujimi F-4S
Hasagawa F-4E

D*mn Martin I have SO MUCH respect for you right now !

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Sauragnmon

Alright, curiosity has me, guys - what's the story behind the nickname of Toom for the Phantom?  Nice stack of them btw, Martin.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

sideshowbob9

Ebay (all 1/72):

Frog Avenger (to receive a Double Mamba from a Gannet)*
Revell Bf-109G-10
Hasegawa Fw-190D-9
Revell Ta-152H
Airmodel Gannet AEW.3 conversion*
Short Stirling (Griffon engined maritime patroller)
Bilek Il-28U Mascot

*When I get the donor Gannet, the leftover fuselage will get Pucara wings/engines and a glazed nose!

thedarkmaster

From Jcshmus.... a Blue steel missile and mounting  ;D ;D ;D, thanks mate
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

NARSES2

Matchbox Lysander. Missing a few bits, but im in need of a parts doner...and for £1. I m happy.

Strweth Martin I know you had your cheque book but £1.1m for a kit - geez inflations got bad  :banghead:

Not much at Avon (Yate)

1/72 Airfix PR XIX will be SEAC my first one will be real
Silver Cloud Hawker P1109 conversion - I can now do my supersonic missile armed Hunter

A couple of sets of Lifecolour paints (RAAF set 1 & British Middle East vehicle colours ; see below) 

Some tools and general knitters needs

From Modelzone in Croydon this am

1/72 Airfix WWI Male tank and Matilda Hedgehog, there are plans  :wacko:

Tamiya new tool 1/35 Matilda  :wub: The reason I got the above paints. Will be real and is a beauty as befits Tamiya's 300th kit
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Aircav

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 24, 2009, 05:36:06 AM

Matchbox Lysander. Missing a few bits, but im in need of a parts doner...and for £1. I m happy.

Strweth Martin I know you had your cheque book but £1.1m for a kit - geez inflations got bad  :banghead:

No wonder he's on the Christmas card list with his bank manager  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Martin H

im on one of his lists, but i doubt its the xmas card one lol
Unfortunately,

Martin H

Quote from: Sauragnmon on August 23, 2009, 04:52:28 PM
Alright, curiosity has me, guys - what's the story behind the nickname of Toom for the Phantom?

No idea. But I have heard them refered to as Phantooms before now.......could be where it comes from
Unfortunately,

Mossie

Yeah, I've heard that too.  I think it's got something to do with it being Phantom II, i.e. Phan-two-m?  :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:  Then the original nickname was contracted & you're left with 'Toom'.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Howard of Effingham

just an emhar F-3 demon from the yate show yesterday, quite restrained really......

however, heaps of aftermarket bits including an RF-8 conversion, two eduard TSR-2 etched cockpit sets for £5, EB-66E conversion,
some resin vulcan intakes, canberra decals, an RF-4 nose conversion.

all in all a good show. the all day breakfast they serve was rather good too.
Keeper of George the Cat.