My Stash just grew again (2009)

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 01, 2009, 02:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

Good food at a model show?!?!?  That is amazing! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Weaver

Quote from: Mossie on August 24, 2009, 09:19:53 AM

Nah, it's a What If..........;)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Geoff

Quote from: Mossie on August 24, 2009, 09:19:53 AM

It was good at the Bolton show as well until they moved - (dirty old man mode on) had more to do with the waitresses though.

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Green Dragon

Mate dropped off an Airfix BBMF set for me to build for him. Lot of flash and sink holes on the Lanc. The Hurricane seems to be the Heller kit.

Got some 1/72 kits from a very nice bloke called Nigel on Britmodeller.
Heller Saab J-21
Heller MD452 Ouragan (started but that saves me from building and painting the cockpit!)
Academy Fw190 D
Revell Fw190 torpedo plane
Revell Fw190 Nachtjager
And then he threw in a Heller Me109K-4 as a freebie!

Been after the three Heller kits for years!

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

jcf

Original Renwal 1/12th scale Ferrari 275 GTB, all bags still sealed with inspection tickets, car body in original cardboard packing sleeve.
The kit is slagged off as having a horribly ill-proportioned body on car-modelling groups, however when I compare it to photos in my many Ferrari books, I find that while while not perfect it does look pretty close to the original 275 prototype. Close enough for me at any rate.

Kibri kit HO 9912, ESSO butane storage tank. Very cool spherical tank with supports, cattwalks etc. Good parts source.

Lindbergh re-release of old PYRO/Life-like Wheellock pistol. New version instructions include a major assembly error,
obviously nobody bothered to look at any pics of real wheellocks.  :banghead:

philp

Picked up the Rommel's Rod rerelease.
Kit is same as it used to be. Now gotta see if I those halftrack parts I got will work and find a couple 24th scale MG34s.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

jcf

Quote from: philp on August 24, 2009, 10:21:48 PM
Picked up the Rommel's Rod rerelease.
Kit is same as it used to be. Now gotta see if I those halftrack parts I got will work and find a couple 24th scale MG34s.

http://www.reynaulds.com/products/Preiser/56290.aspx

$17.99 from Reynaulds in Illinois.

:cheers:

Daryl J.

Hasegawa Pete (early) for use in a Porco Rosso alternative setting along with the 1/48 Savoia S.21 pre-shootdown for modification into an even earlier variant that never existed.    :thumbsup:

Daryl J.

Aircav

1/48 Revell Sikorsky H-19 off EB and very cheap too  :thumbsup:
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Off a good friend via eBay  an old Otaki 1:48 Ki-61 Hien. Obviously will be wearing German mid war 74/75/76 with appropriate theatre bands, codes etc, etc..... (well what do you expect, license-built German engine, guns and gunsight, it would be rude not to  :wacko:)

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Barry Krell

KG200 or Zirkus Rosarius markings might be better though, certainly more colourful.  Or how about Zirkus Rozarius colours (70 over yellow) with roughly applied RAF roundels and an Air Min number?

Managed to get one of the weaponless Canberras that one of the guys on Britmodeller is selling on.  Fiver each? Bargain for the decals alone!
Aston Martin  - Power, Beauty, Soul.

philp

Jon,
Thanks for the link.  Unfortunately, would have to get 2 sets for the 34's.  Could use a couple other parts but would be lots leftover for a scale I don't normally do.

Now, the couple hailing a cab could be interesting when I get the Tijuana Taxi. :thumbsup:
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Weaver

From ebay: Blue Rider 1/72nd Decal sheet BR215, for Spanish Civil War Nationalist aircraft, all captured types: Tupolev SB-2, I-16 and Canadian Car and Foundry G-23 (Grumman FF-1).
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

AeroplaneDriver

From the eBay Fairy:

Italeri 1/72 X-35
Matchbox 1/72 Hunter T.7
6xTrumpeter 1/350 carrier based stuff, incl. F-18, S-3, SU27, F-4.  A few missing, but mostly complete.
True Details 1/48 NACES seats

So I got that going for me...which is nice....