Started by Spey_Phantom, January 01, 2009, 02:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Man in red van just delivered :

A Model 1/72 IAR 80A
A Model 1/72 IAR 81- Bopi
A Model 1/72 IAR 81C

Look ok in the box
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

thedarkmaster

Off eBay

1/72 vacform Supermarine Scimitar.......don't want the Xtrakit one heard bad reports
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Green Dragon

Got my first ever Ebay buy today (I'm finally entering the 21st Century!) a Frog He219. After checking it out I think I'll be bashing it into something else as it's not the most accurate He219!

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Weaver

From Poland via Ebay: S-Model 1/72nd resin PZL-24 F/G

Exploiting the nature of resin kits, it comes in an exceedingly small box, which probably explains why the postage was only £4 from Poland. Looks nice enough in the box. It includes two vac-form canopies with reasonable detail, two simple but in-register decal sheets for three Greek aircraft and Polish instructions with only a few essential bits having a English translation. The resin itself looks decent, with only a very occasional bubble, but it has quite a bit of flash, including "feathering" on thin edges. The supplied parts are quite comprehensive, but you do have to find some very fine rod sections, which is fair enough. The wheels are supplied with separate, 2-piece spats, so you can build it with or without them, which is a nice touch. One potential problem that strikes me is that there doesn't seem to be any way to positively locate the cowling onto the fuselage, although this might be easier with the engine in place.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

ChernayaAkula

Got a Hasegawa 1/72 X-29 from Amazon in the mail today. Hope to bash an Airfix Tigereye nose to it and finish it in the Euro 1-scheme, operated by a Luftwaffe Aufklärungsgeschwader. Whether it'll be AG 51 or 52, I don't know yet. Will probably depend on which decals I can get my hands on first.

Also got Photoshop Elements 7 in that package.  :wacko:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Bungle

Ah the perils of ebay.... Won two weapons sets off evilBay this week £1.20 and £0.99 - result. Seller charged me £6.00 for postage :huh: £6.00 !!!  :huh: When I queried he sent me invoice for both items at £3.00 postage (as advertised) but would not combine for postage. Grumpily I paid up and gave to separate addresses and guess what.... both kits arrived in one package (sent recorded) total postage £2.89. Don't know how some people sleep at night.

I have had nearly 2,500 dealings on ebay (mainly sales) why do one or two people spoil a good thing ?  :banghead:
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

chrisonord

Give him feedback that translates to the fact he/she is a robbing person of questionable parentage, and that they should stick to their day job of herding goats ;D
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

van883

Quote from: Bungle on September 16, 2009, 08:57:01 AM

Ah the perils of ebay.... Won two weapons sets off evilBay this week £1.20 and £0.99 - result. Seller charged me £6.00 for postage :huh: £6.00 !!!  :huh: When I queried he sent me invoice for both items at £3.00 postage (as advertised) but would not combine for postage. Grumpily I paid up and gave to separate addresses and guess what.... both kits arrived in one package (sent recorded) total postage £2.89. Don't know how some people sleep at night.

I have had nearly 2,500 dealings on ebay (mainly sales) why do one or two people spoil a good thing ?  :banghead:

It isn't really unfair as he quotes £3.00 postage per item, and if I understand correctly you didn't ask in advance if he would combine postage. He is under no obligation to do so.
However I always combine postage on my sales because I think it is the right thing to do...so morally I agree with you.
Caveat emptor.

cheers

Van

Sauragnmon

Five bucks says the guy was doing it to be underhanded - he refused to combine postage to deliberately overcharge so he could recover some of his perceived loss on the kit costs.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

chrisonord

Today was also a sad day for me :rolleyes:
I sold my down hill mountain bike that I built the Summer before my accident. I have ridden it a couple of times, but cos my hip can't take it, I sold it today. :unsure:
But!!!
All is not lost, because as soon as the money was exchanged, I was on my motorbike and straight to my LMS ;D
A pack of evergreen styrene strips, an airfix scorpion tank (for the turret) an Academy M977 HEMTT and a Revell Gannet was purchased. I wanted 2 Scorpions really but I got the last one :banghead: never mind. Oh, and I erm...got a Revell Blohm & Voss BV 138 in 1/72nd scale, which will be turbo propped. :wacko:
Chris.

thedarkmaster

Got 3 spitfire's and 3 Hurricanes.   Left over freebies  :thumbsup:
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

chrisonord

Quote from: thedarkmaster on September 16, 2009, 11:48:26 AM

Got 3 spitfire's and 3 Hurricanes.   Left over freebies  :thumbsup:
Freebies are always good Tim as you have less remorse attacking them with the razor saw :wacko:
Chris.

NARSES2

Quote from: chrisonord on September 16, 2009, 11:42:00 AM
I sold my down hill mountain bike that I built the Summer before my accident. I have ridden it a couple of times, but cos my hip can't take it, I sold it today. :unsure:

got a Revell Blohm & Voss BV 138 in 1/72nd scale, which will be turbo propped. :wacko:
Chris.

I had one of those rode it down the hill and pushed it back up  ;D (I'll get my coat). Sorry about the hip mate, my kness stopped me playing football years ago and they still like to let me know they are there  :blink:

A turbo prop 138 sounds a really good idea. Possibly Finnish or Swedish post war SAR ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Howard of Effingham

i got my third airfix canberra PR9 yesterday.
Keeper of George the Cat.

chrisonord

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 17, 2009, 12:40:43 AM
Quote from: chrisonord on September 16, 2009, 11:42:00 AM

got a Revell Blohm & Voss BV 138 in 1/72nd scale, which will be turbo propped. :wacko:
Chris.

I had one of those rode it down the hill and pushed it back up  ;D (I'll get my coat). Sorry about the hip mate, my kness stopped me playing football years ago and they still like to let me know they are there  :blink:

A turbo prop 138 sounds a really good idea. Possibly Finnish or Swedish post war SAR ?

Hya Chris,
I am thinking of putting it into Cartel service, in either civilian markings and colours, or with a camo scheme to make it blend into Jungle river tributaries. I need to measure up the engines to see if I can replace them with those from a C-130.
Cheers,
Chris.