My Stash just grew again (2009)

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 01, 2009, 02:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Krell

A bag of assorted decals from one of the guys at my model club tonight.
Aston Martin  - Power, Beauty, Soul.

ChernayaAkula

Another Hasegawa 1/72 RF-4E in JASDF colours (need some of the decals for a JASDF whif), a Platz 1/144 RF-4E decal sheet (for the JASDF Rafale)  and a Platz 1/72 F-15J/DJ TAC Meet sheet (also needed for a JASDF modified F-15 whif).

Hmmm, anyone see a pattern developing here?
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Green Dragon

Went to local Gamesworkshop (closest thing to a model shop here) got some rattle can Skull White and Purity Seal varnish. Also got a pack of Cadian Shock Troops coz they look quite cool.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Weaver

From ebay:

Revell 1/100th F-8E Crusader
ESCI 1/72nd AV-8B Harrier II
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

nev

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on October 05, 2009, 03:42:15 PM
Another Hasegawa 1/72 RF-4E in JASDF colours (need some of the decals for a JASDF whif), a Platz 1/144 RF-4E decal sheet (for the JASDF Rafale)  and a Platz 1/72 F-15J/DJ TAC Meet sheet (also needed for a JASDF modified F-15 whif).

Hmmm, anyone see a pattern developing here?

A stylish, well-informed, good looking and intelligent pattern? :D  Is the decal sheet the 01/02 Senkyo sheet?  I have that one in 48th.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

NARSES2

As I went to Spain the day after Brampton show I havn't posted my goodies yet - first trip and a good show btw.

Airfix Firefly V - will get a Centauraus so she can join my S China Sea's Fleet in 1948.

Matchbox AW Siskin, because she was there

Academy 1/350 scale Admiral Graff Spee, becasue she was £5 off - still don't know why I really bought it  :banghead:

Italian Fighter and Ground Attack units - 1940 to 1945, colours and insignia. The 3 volumes in a special "boxing" worked out £20 cheaper then buying individually  ;D

Some old WIF Newsletter articles from Rad - thanks mate, great read on train home and will feature in some future Newsletters.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: nev on October 06, 2009, 12:33:24 AM
<...> Is the decal sheet the 01/02 Senkyo sheet?  <...>

;) <...> It's THIS ONE, with the tsunami wave and bear head.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

JJC

just got a 1/48 italeri F-4e on ebay gonna get some nice 'Kara Sahin' decals for ir from twobobs
KEEP THE VULCAN FLYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Green Dragon

Airfix Draken and Viggen from ebay today.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.

anthonyp

More than I should from eBay, but the highlight:

TF-8A full conversion from eBay (they included a Hasegawa F-8 kit with the new fuselage)

And from my LHS yesterday:

2 x Revell A319
1 x Revell A109 Riga
1 x Italeri A-10A
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

pyro-manic

Quote from: anthonyp on October 06, 2009, 02:56:25 PM
More than I should from eBay, but the highlight:

TF-8A full conversion from eBay (they included a Hasegawa F-8 kit with the new fuselage)

Argh, I've been looking for one of those for ages! Who makes the conversion?
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Weaver

From ebay, finally, Revell 1/700th HMS Illustrious. Same as the Dragon/Skywave kit but with no PE. I only actually need a few bits of it, but since it's got a Sea Dart launcher of it's own, I might be able to avoid raiding one of my two Type-42s now.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

pyro-manic

Was that from the group of four that was listed last week? I won one of those as well - just waiting for it to arrive. :) What do you have planned?

pyro-manic

Interesting. So a British Ticonderoga equivalent?

Just arrived today: Falcon vacform conversion kit 1, containing parts for TA-7C, F-100F and RF-8G. Going to try to adapt the Corsair parts to a Crusader to make a two-seater Spey Crusader/Paladin. :thumbsup: Not sure what to do with the other bits yet, but something will occur, I'm sure. Came all the way from New Zealand, and very quickly.

Green Dragon

Red Van Man just dropped off two Hasegawa Me262A's from ebay. One standard kit and the other is the JV44 "Galland" box.

Paul Harrison

On the bench.