My Stash just grew again (2009)

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 01, 2009, 02:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Krell

Quote from: thedarkmaster on October 12, 2009, 01:43:51 PM

Got a resin Supermarine Swift from a mate today, no idea of whom made it as its come as a bag of bits with no instructions etc

Would need to see it but I suspect it's the old Czechmaster Swift.  They did one years back that was a knock off or either the Rareplanes or Pegasus Swift.  Then again, the latter may have been a knock off or the Czechmaster one.  Chris Gannon did use Czechmaster kits as masters occaisionally - the Bv 155 is certainly one of them.
Aston Martin  - Power, Beauty, Soul.

thedarkmaster

QuoteWould need to see it but I suspect it's the old Czechmaster Swift.  They did one years back that was a knock off or either the Rareplanes or Pegasus Swift.  Then again, the latter may have been a knock off or the Czechmaster one.  Chris Gannon did use Czechmaster kits as masters occaisionally - the Bv 155 is certainly one of them.

I think looking at the white resin that it's a Magna models oroduct, has gone together well. There is a missile with the kit but without the instructions I'm a bit lost on how to put it together  ;D  ;D
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

sideshowbob9

Got an Academy 1/72 Spitfire XIVc off of the guys that own 92 Squadron (the steam loco not the RAF!). I can like locos too!  :tank:

Also got the following off ebay:

1/72:

Toko RP-63G (again!)
Airfix CAC Boomerang
Revell T-6G Harvard
Rareplane Blackburn Firebrand (yey!)

1/144:

Academy B-29 (again!)

Barry Krell

Quote from: thedarkmaster on October 18, 2009, 06:35:35 AM
I think looking at the white resin that it's a Magna models oroduct, has gone together well. There is a missile with the kit but without the instructions I'm a bit lost on how to put it together  ;D  ;D

Is there a weird bulge under the nose?  If so, you've got the Swift F7 with the Fireflash missiles.  I slung them but never finished the Swift.  Might be worth investing in some of Freightdog's new radar Red Tops (Blue Dolphin?).

If it IS the Magna kit, the white metal is rubbish.  Aeroclub does- or at least did - a Swift u/c for the old Testors kit so they'll be a good replacement.

Bob, Aeroclub do a white metal set for that Firebrand (wheels and prop).  In addition, if you dislike vacform canopies (like most modellers!) then a Heller Tempest canopy is an ideal replacement.
Aston Martin  - Power, Beauty, Soul.

Green Dragon

Got two Italeri choppers from ebay today.
H-21C Gunship
EH101 Cormorant

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

thedarkmaster

Got
Whirley kits Bristol type 188
Airfix Sptfire PR XIX
Revell Walrus mkI ( I can see jet engines on this  ;D ;D ;D )
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Martin H

Just back from the Glasgow show.

From the show it self.
a pair of RVHP resin Beech 350 super king airs
RVHP Fairchild Metro III
Matchbox F-4K Phantom.
Cromwell models Conqueror heavy tank.

From a raid on Jamasons yesterday
Italeri P-51A/A-26 Mustang/Apache.
Academy P-51D (to be a parts Doner for a piper enforcer conversion)
PM Lippisch P13a
PM Messerschmitt Me-328
PM Messerschmitt P1111.
and for some thing a bit different. 72nd scale ICM Seehund midget submarine.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Green Dragon

Three Cheesecake noseart decal sheets from Starship Modeler arrived from over the Pond today. Look very nice indeed! Though one was not the sheet I ordered it still has some useful items on it. Hope they reprint some that I couldn't get.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.

proditor

More 1/700

Another Dragon HMS Liverpool Type 42
SkyWave USS Bogue

And that ends the buying for a little bit.  The missus has given me leave to buy two more model related things, and that's it for a while.  But since that's a painting booth and an airbrush, I'm a camper.  ;)

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: Martin H on October 19, 2009, 08:52:07 AM
(to be a parts Donner for a piper enforcer conversion)

With Chilli sauce ?  :blink:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

The Rat

Wandered into a local shop today and found an Air Lines (Frog) Proctor. Did a quick inventory at the counter and it seems to be only missing one side window, not a problem. $15 procured it for the stash!
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Nigel Bunker

Local model Club meeting on Tuesday night.

1 x Frog Wellington 1c (bagged, no instructions or decals but very cleanly moulded -apparently the Wellington was never boxed and issued due to the bankruptcy of Lines Brothers) - a snip at £5

1 x Revell F-111A/B kit with no decals for a fiver - I bought it for the short nose which will get mated to a Hasegawa F-111.

1 x Modeldecal set No 4 (USN WW2 aircraft)

1 x Esci Mosquito/Defiant sheet (bought it for the PR Mosquito decals)

1 x Almark RAF PR WW2 sheet - Spits and others - lovely

£6.00 for the decals - seems a fair price to me.
Life's too short to apply all the stencils

ChernayaAkula

Got two sets of Model Alliance decals today. One for pretty colourful 1/72 Thai AF Vipers (both will be real world subjects) and the 1/72 World Air Power Update No. 2. This includes an option for a Royal Bahraini AF Hawk, but I think these decals will look splendid on a Eurofighter Typhoon (I believe Glanini did a nice profile of that).
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

proditor

Finally!

Airbrush.
Compressor.
Spray Booth.

HUZZAH!  (though I do have to wait for shipping...)

Green Dragon

From Holland via ebay I got a Hasegawa Mu-2J biz plane (same 1970's Hales boxing that I converted to Jumo 004 jet power and T-Tail many moons ago) delivered today, just missing the Postie strike.  :thumbsup:

Paul Harrison

On the bench.