My Stash just grew again (2009)

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 01, 2009, 02:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin H

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

JayBee

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

thedarkmaster

Got a 1/72 Su27 and a 1/35 Challenger 1 from the Works, cheap but OK  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Nigel Bunker

QuoteGot a Su27 and a Challenger 1 from the Works, cheap but OK
scales?
Life's too short to apply all the stencils

ChernayaAkula

Was in Eisenach, Thuringia today and, by sheer luck and/or coincidence, managed to find a long OOP 1/72 RoG F-16C.  :party: For less than the original RRP!  :drink:
That shop also had the new 1/144 Revell F/A-18D Hornet. Revell only added parts to make the two-seater (canopy & stuff for the second cockpit), but no new pods or weapons. Decals (printed by Cartograf) are for the colour bird of VMFA (AW)-224 "Bengals" and a line bird of VFA-125 "Rough Raiders".

Quote from: Martin H on October 22, 2009, 02:25:57 PM
Dyslexia rules :D KO!

"I am Dyslexic of Borg! Your @ss will be laminated!"
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

proditor

More packages drifting in from the last great purchase binge.

1/700:

4 x SkyWave Equipment for Modern Vessels V sets
1 x SkyWave Helicopters of the World

Weaver

From The Works: "Lee" brand 1/72nd Su-27 Sea Flanker and Leo II.

Leo II looks good (comes in a vast box with a display plinth). Tracks and wheels are all moulded in one.

Flanker's okayish: soft plastic and a few fixable moulding glitches. Basic shape looks okay, missiles notably inaccurate. It put me in mind of the ICM Foxhound more than anything. EDIT: as Pyro has discovered, it's a copy of the Italeri kit.

They also had (Stockport branch): 1/72nd Tiger I, 1/35th Chally 1 and 1/35th Leo II. All of these (any scale) are a fiver each. I understand that stock varies from branch to branch.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Sauragnmon

Got a package from a Greek I know today:

1/700
USS Iowa
USS Wisconsin
1xType 42 Batch 3
2x Type 42 Batch 2
Misc Bits

1/1
Hellenic Airforce Blue Tigerstripe Camo Fatigue Pants.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

pyro-manic

Quote from: Weaver on October 23, 2009, 04:53:44 PM
From The Works: "Lee" brand 1/72nd Su-27 and Leo II.

Leo II looks good (comes in a vast box with a display plinth).

Flanker's okayish: soft plastic and a few fixable moulding glitches. Basic shape looks okay, missiles notably inaccurate. It put me in mind of the ICM Foxhound more than anything.

They also had (Stockport branch): 1/72nd Tiger I, 1/35th Chally 1 and 1/35th Leo II. All of these (any scale) are a fiver each. I understand that stock varies from branch to branch.

Hmm, must pay a visit to my local branch then. Could use a couple of cheap Flankers....

EDIT: Found some "Lee" Flankers listed on evilbay - says they're similar to the Italeri kit?
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Weaver

Pyro - you're right: it IS the Italeri kit (which I've got). Notably poorer quality but useable for bits.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Nigel Bunker

Just got the Challenger 1 in 35th scale from the Works - it's a copy of the Tamiya kit and a real bargain at £5.99
Life's too short to apply all the stencils

anthonyp

From evil-bay, two of my Holy Grail kits:

1/72 Airfix Fairey Rotodyne
1/600 Airfix HMS Tiger

Can cross those of my list...
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

chrisonord

Today I was very naughty  ;D
I spent some of the money I was saving up for some new tyres for the bike at the kit swap in Samlesbury near Preston.
All in 1/72nd scale and all complete.
Hasegawa   Grumman X29
                 TA-4J Skyhawk
                 F-20 Tigershark
                 T-38 Tallon
                 Aerospace/generator set
Matchbox   Aerospatiale Dauphin
                Twin Otter
Revell         M1 Abrams
                Do 228 Pollution control version
Italeri         OA-4M Skyhawk
New Bee   Beriev BE-6 flying boat.
And a cutting mat as I have been needing one for ages and they are stupid money in my LMS
All this with change from £30......which is nice :thumbsup: Oh and I found an Esoteric Martin Mercator kit, so I passed his number on to Sideshowbob.
Chris.   
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

B777LR

I added a 1/24 Revell Mini. The new BMW Mini. Currently on the workbench. What colour was the Mini GTX crashed a while back?

Green Dragon

Got a Tamiya 1/35th US Gun & Mortar Team set a couple of days ago and today a Heller 1/72nd Noratlas (Military version) that I've wanted for years but never got round to buying.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)