My Stash just grew again (2009)

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 01, 2009, 02:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedarkmaster

Got a lovely Mig21 for the Empires Twighlight thread, going to be Based somewher North America / Caribean  ;D  ;D
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Weaver

Popped into The Works in Stockport and realised that, contrary to previous impression, they DO have some of the CC Lee kits left, so I got a 1/35th Leo II (early) for £6.00. I don't normally do big-scale armour, but I want this for scaleorama purposes....;)

They've got two more Leos, three 1/72nd Tiger 1s and an Su-27 left if anyone wants me to pick one up for them.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Barry Krell

Managed to snaffle a wrecked Airfix Angel Interceptor from Captain Scarlet.  Looks to be a rather nice kit, certainly superior to the Imai one I built some twenty years back. 
Aston Martin  - Power, Beauty, Soul.

Aircav

Quote from: Barry Krell on November 22, 2009, 07:18:45 AM
Managed to snaffle a wrecked Airfix Angel Interceptor from Captain Scarlet.  Looks to be a rather nice kit, certainly superior to the Imai one I built some twenty years back. 

Won't Captain Scarlet miss it ?  ;D :thumbsup:
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Howard of Effingham

ltaleri 1/72 MiG-29A
zveda 1/72 Su-47 'berkut'

Keeper of George the Cat.

Radish

Was in Meadow Hall, Sheffield, doing my "bit" for Christmas shopping (ie agreeing and carrying bags) and then was let loose for a couple of hours unsupervised.
Went into Modelzone....85% diecasts and very disappointing apart from the 1/24th VW Beetle I bought :wub:
Then round to Games Workshop where I bought a set of Warhammer 40,000 for a "project"...a Space Marine Combat Squad.
That was it, just a gentle stroll, an ice cream....oh and some lovely pink hair decorations for my latest Rocky outfit :wub:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Brian da Basher

I recently picked up another wonderful 1/144 Minicraft DC-8 from an ARCer up in Canada (thanks for the tip, Mr Fontaine!) and my order of Aeroclub white metal spats, props and small radial engines arrived yesterday. Aeroclub isn't big on communication, but the order showed up fast and in good order. I highly reccomend them!
:cheers:
Brian da Basher

pyro-manic

My girlfriend gave me an anniversary present early (4 years at the end of the month :blink: ) - a Bandai HG 1:144 L-Gaim kit. Very nice indeed! I'm a big fan of Mamoru Nagano, the guy who designed this mech.

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/l-gaim/l-gaim/l-gaim.htm
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

ChernayaAkula

Looking at the figures for replies in the stash growth thread, it seems that we've pulled even with 2008 already!  :drink: And there's still five or six weeks to go, including X-mas!  :party: Seems we were good boys (and gals) this year and supported the plastic model manufacturers to the best of our abilities!  :cheers: Despite the financial crisis!
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

NARSES2

Quote from: Brian da Basher on November 24, 2009, 12:35:16 PM
Aeroclub isn't big on communication, but the order showed up fast and in good order. I highly reccomend them!
:cheers:
Brian da Basher

Yup, they sometimes appear to live in the dark old days, when the comms were crap but customer service was great  ;D The stand at SMW has been worth a visit for more then just buying bits and bobs for the last couple of years as well - long may it continue  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on November 24, 2009, 04:07:33 PM
Looking at the figures for replies in the stash growth thread, it seems that we've pulled even with 2008 already!  :drink: And there's still five or six weeks to go, including Xmas!  :party: Seems we were good boys (and gals) this year and supported the plastic model manufacturers to the best of our abilities!  :cheers: Despite the financial crisis!

Strangely I've been think of analysing the two years in January and trying to work out if indeed we have bought more or less in 2009 - been retired from work for far to long if I'm actually thinking of doing some stats, better phone the men in white coats - got the number Rad ?  :banghead: ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Nick

If you're running the numbers Chris, work out who bought the most stuff this year. :wacko:
My money is on Mossie or Overkiller..... ;D

BTW, did I mention I bought a glow in the dark F-14 Tomcat back in the summer? An old Monogram 1.72 kit for a couple of quid.

Green Dragon

Just got another kit from evilbay.
Hasegawa F9F-2 Panther (old Hales box issue with the very nice yellow rudder VF123 artwork  :wub: ). Probably do the box art colours coz I made a hash of it in the late 70's.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

thedarkmaster

Got a Revell B1 it's going to be Anti flash white, as if any other colour would do  ;D ;D ;D

Also got a Spitfire ixc and a Spitfire 1 fron Airfix, well it would have been rude not too  ;D  ;D
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Barry Krell

Was promised a Contrail Avro Lincoln via one of the guys at my model club a few weeks back.  Finally got hold of it and discovered that it was one of the newer toolings that Sangar got (before the wing mould was broken) and it comes with white metal bits AND decals! 

One in Bomber Command colours with dull red letters and bombing missions on the nose is now looking very likely although a Tiger Force one is also tempting...
Aston Martin  - Power, Beauty, Soul.