My Stash just grew again (2009)

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 01, 2009, 02:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

Maybe pop a bit of sunshine in the Tiger Force Lincoln, modified 12,000lb Cookie maybe? :wacko:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Black Knight

Today bought 1/72 revell lightning f6, 1/72 revell tornado f3, 1/72 revell do228, airfix 1/72 pr9, 1/72 oxford diecast green godess, 1/72 oxford diecast daf tow truck (for conversion), 1/72 various bedfords and the big one ...... Revells 1/72 mi26  :wub:

:tornado:
As The Dark Master rests, the Black Knight protects the New Commonwealth.

Aerotech, Keeping you ahead by any means.

NARSES2

Quote from: Nick on November 25, 2009, 03:47:56 AM
If you're running the numbers Chris, work out who bought the most stuff this year. :wacko:
My money is on Mossie or Overkiller..... ;D

Ah but do you want it analysed by number of kits, weight of said kits,weighted for material made from, resin  etc, or value of said kits, with an allowance for inflation/deflation over the years. Geez I used to get exactly the same wooly requests from management when I was working. Normally ended up doing it umpteen different ways so they could pick the numbers that suited  :banghead: ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 26, 2009, 01:42:19 AM
Quote from: Nick on November 25, 2009, 03:47:56 AM
If you're running the numbers Chris, work out who bought the most stuff this year. :wacko:
My money is on Mossie or Overkiller..... ;D

Ah but do you want it analysed by number of kits, weight of said kits,weighted for material made from, resin  etc, or value of said kits, with an allowance for inflation/deflation over the years. Geez I used to get exactly the same wooly requests from management when I was working. Normally ended up doing it umpteen different ways so they could pick the numbers that suited  :banghead: ;D

Nah, I was way down the list!  Bought/acquired only seven kits, one conversion set, one transfer set & a moisture trap.  The moisture trap may bump me up in the weight category though!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Weaver

From ebay: LS 1/72nd scale Pitts S2A in Rothmans colours.... :wub:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

ChernayaAkula

Got a Dragon 1/35 US Light Infantry set with two soldiers and a motorcycle. Think of using these in a dio.

EDIT: What do they say about hindsight?  :rolleyes: Looking for a different set (US Snipers (also for the dio)) in the stash, I found out that I already have the US Light Infantry set! :banghead: Maybe I should take along a printed list of the stash contents for every trip to the LHS.  :rolleyes:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Radish

Got some 1/24th German Firemen in action.....that's what it says on the box.
So with a 1/25th VW Camper, and 2 x 1/24th VW Beetles, we're looking at 3 dioramas as to how the Surf Nazis took over the beaches for The Fuhrer. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Green Dragon

I seem to remember an old movie called Surf Nazi's Must Die! From my addled brain I think it was pretty bad! :blink:

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Radish

"Surf Nazis Must Die!"...the best thing by a long, long way is the title.
Lots of possibilities though :drink:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Weaver

Bumper crop today due to Post Office delays:

From ebay:

1. Camonet (ex FROG I presume) 1/72nd Sea Venom. Hilariously bad artwork with the markings printed on the instruction sheet (cut out and glue.... :blink:) so out of register that the roundels look like doll's eyes. Perfectly good FROG kit at the heart of it though.

2. Camonet (ex FROG I presume) 1/72nd Sea Hawk. REAL decals on this one - Oooooooooh! Obvious inaccuracies but perversely MORE useful for a particular whiff project than the Airfix one...

3. Airfix 1/72nd Shooting Star.  :wub: Complete with 30p Woolworth's price sticker (those were the days in all sorts of ways, eh? )

4. Revell 1/72nd M60A1 with ERA and 1991 Gulf War markings. To donate it's ERA, markings and possibly it's cupola to an S-tank-based USMC assault gun. Cupola only "possible" because I also have an M60A2 on the way.

From the LHS, two old oddities in white metal and 1/72nd scale by Lead Sled Models:

5. WWII RAF torpedo and handling trolley,
6. WWII Luftwaffe bomb-handling trolley.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Army of One

From the chap who I bought the 4 Flankers from.....another SU30 by Zvezda and a Bilek Il 28 Beagle.....very impressed with the Beagle...an impressive bomb load and wing tip tanks....4 versions in the box....only just found out what the tiny decal sheet with what looks like a crest and some small stars on it is for......the flag for the Egyptian version. Still thinking of a solid nose fulla guns as a Spad/CSAR killer vietnam era with a green/green/brown/black cammo....maybe  ;D
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

NARSES2

Hasegawa 1/72 "Sasebo Flying Group" triple boxing. A6M2-2 Type 2 (Rufe), N1K1 Kyofu prototype and early production versions (Rex)

Possibly one will be post war Indonesian, the others ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

thedarkmaster

Got a few Oxford diecasts for the airfield apron i made, just to spice it up a bit.
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Howard of Effingham

heller boxing for the 50th anniversary of the french air force's aerobatic team, with
kits of the F-84G, fouga magister, dassault ouragon and alpha jet.

the F-84 is gonna recieve some surgery on the wings.  :wacko:

chris! could you do one of that hasegawa boxing you have in thai AF markings?
Keeper of George the Cat.

Black Knight

Quote from: thedarkmaster on November 28, 2009, 01:34:16 AM

Got a few Oxford diecasts for the airfield apron i made, just to spice it up a bit.

I ended up buying several bedfords and a green goddess going down that route  :wacko:
As The Dark Master rests, the Black Knight protects the New Commonwealth.

Aerotech, Keeping you ahead by any means.