My Stash just grew again (2009)

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 01, 2009, 02:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pyro-manic

Got my Secret Santa pressie in the post yesterday. Can't say what it is yet, but it's quite nifty.  :wacko:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

ChernayaAkula

Mailman delivered a Dragon 1/144 1+1 set of an F/A-18E Super Hornet and an EA-18G Growler, as well as three Hasegawa 1/72 F-14B Tomcats.

Don't know how many will be whiffed, but the EA-18G is earmarked for a whif, maybe even for the Let It Snow GB (less than two weeks away now ).
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Weaver

Got my Secret Santa kit this morning: interesting choice indeed!  :thumbsup:

Also, from ebay, an ESCI 1/72nd M60A2 "starship", which might be donating it's gun barrel and cupola to an S-tank build.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

thedarkmaster

Got myself a Revell Supermarine Walrus today........saw it and thought it would look good with a jet engine.........i can't explain these thoughts, they just appear fully formed in my head  ;D  ;D  ;D
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Barry Krell

Last night was model club and I was given an Italeri Douglas A-26 Invader.  Quite what I'll do with it I haven't a clue although it will have RAF markings!  Or maybe KG 200 and Zirkus Rosarius...
Aston Martin  - Power, Beauty, Soul.

chrisonord

Quote from: Barry Krell on December 09, 2009, 03:16:07 AM
Last night was model club and I was given an Italeri Douglas A-26 Invader.  Quite what I'll do with it I haven't a clue although it will have RAF markings!  Or maybe KG 200 and Zirkus Rosarius...
TURBO PROP IT!!!!  :wacko:
you know it makes sense, and make it into a counter insurgency aircraft.
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

nev

Meh, COINing american twin engined medium bombers is so passe'.  How about RAF Tiger Force, in the intrests of MacArthurs "standardisation" drive?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Martin H

Quote from: nev on December 09, 2009, 09:36:44 AM
How about RAF Tiger Force, in the intrests of MacArthurs "standardisation" drive?

Yeah, that would work well
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

lancer

Quote from: thedarkmaster on December 08, 2009, 02:40:12 PM

Got myself a Revell Supermarine Walrus today........saw it and thought it would look good with a jet engine.........i can't explain these thoughts, they just appear fully formed in my head  ;D  ;D  ;D

Clearly you are a receiving these ideas from a higher lifeform. Well that's my theory anyway!
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: thedarkmaster on December 08, 2009, 02:40:12 PM

Well, there's no need for an explanation. The idea in question seems perfectly reasonable to me!
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Howard of Effingham

at the midland air museum last sunday.....

hasegawa weapons set #1
emhar F-94 [south american markings for this one  ;D ;D ;D ]
fuijimi FG1 'toom [this is the F-4 25th anniversary boxing with various extra]
airfix 'hi-tech' harrier GR7
RoG HP victor [this was the very first boxing by RoG which i hadn't got. it still had matchbox engraved into the moulds]

some more very old but usable DBI colors enamels

all in all a reasonable day.
Keeper of George the Cat.

NARSES2

Meh, COINing american twin engined medium bombers is so passe'.  How about RAF Tiger Force, in the intrests of MacArthurs "standardisation" drive?

Well one of mine is earmarked for RAF SEAC as a Mosquito replacement. Brown/Green/Grey with white ID bands  :wub:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Barry Krell

How about RAF Tiger Force, in the intrests of MacArthurs "standardisation" drive?

No, they're getting what they were intended to get - Mosquito B.35s.  Think I'll go with an RAF anti shipping option as I like the Dark Sea Grey and Sky scheme.

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 10, 2009, 01:51:39 AM
Well one of mine is earmarked for RAF SEAC as a Mosquito replacement. Brown/Green/Grey with white ID bands  :wub:

Brigands would have been more likely as replacements (they were certainly intended for a Far East role), or perhaps the hundred or so Buckinghams that were built but had no role in Europe.  In addition, the Hornet was designed specifically for Far East operations.
Aston Martin  - Power, Beauty, Soul.

NARSES2

Quote from: Barry Krell on December 10, 2009, 03:55:17 PM

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 10, 2009, 01:51:39 AM

Brigands would have been more likely as replacements (they were certainly intended for a Far East role), or perhaps the hundred or so Buckinghams that were built but had no role in Europe.  In addition, the Hornet was designed specifically for Far East operations.

Understand that Barry and one of my Vallom Brigands is definately going that way, as will a SH Hornet (eventually). I was thinking of it in the "light/medium bomber" role rather then the fighter bomber role. Hadn't thought about Buckinghams in that role, interesting.

As an aside. The problems the Mosquito had in the Far East was down to humidity, or that's what I've always understood anyway. Would this have been a problem if Tiger Force was based on one of the islands South of Japan say ? I'm not sure of the climate conditions. Also did the RAAF have any problems with it's Mossies, or were they not in service long enough ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.