My Stash just grew again (2009)

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 01, 2009, 02:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radish

Narses, don't forget that after the Scots, irish and Welsh discovered the amazing properties of "Suppalot", derived from heather, the bonding/humidity problems on the Mossie were solved.

On Wednesday morning I ordered 4 x 1/118th Revell PBM-5 Mariners from Models For Sale...they arrived at 10am this morning. Fantastic service.
Think a couple of Biggles and RAF ones.
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Aircav

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 11, 2009, 03:19:21 AM
As an aside. The problems the Mosquito had in the Far East was down to humidity, or that's what I've always understood anyway. Would this have been a problem if Tiger Force was based on one of the islands South of Japan say ? I'm not sure of the climate conditions. Also did the RAAF have any problems with it's Mossies, or were they not in service long enough ?

From what I remember reading the humidity ruined the glue so the Aussie's used a different type but I could be wrong.
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Aircav

Bought a couple of 1/72 Armourfast kits today, the StuG III and the Cromwell and not bad for the price.  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

frank2056

From Freetime hobbies:
1/700 DML USS Laffey - it contains two ships - one full hull and one waterline
1/144 DML MH-60L One will be built as a flown in Somalia in '93, the other as a whiff.
1/144 Minicraft Su-25
1/144 Minicraft (ex-Crown) B-29A. Definitely going to be whiffed.

Daryl J.

Tamiya Uhu for use in SEA
Tamiya Fw-190A-9 for use in the ''Navalize-It'' GB.    Floating their way east across the Pacific.

:cheers:
Daryl J.

NARSES2

Quote from: Radish on December 11, 2009, 08:25:38 AM
Narses, don't forget that after the Scots, irish and Welsh discovered the amazing properties of "Suppalot", derived from heather, the bonding/humidity problems on the Mossie were solved.

Gives your dog a nice cold, shiny nose as well  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

nev

Quote from: Barry Krell on December 10, 2009, 03:55:17 PM
Quote from: nev on December 09, 2009, 09:36:44 AM
How about RAF Tiger Force, in the intrests of MacArthurs "standardisation" drive?

No, they're getting what they were intended to get - Mosquito B.35s.  Think I'll go with an RAF anti shipping option as I like the Dark Sea Grey and Sky scheme.

That would work :wub:
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Dork the kit slayer

Mig 17 traded with our old mate IHG the  cockpit and wheels from the big"H"

The Skywarrior was my bargain buy at Telford.

Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

chrisonord

Today arrived a 1/72nd scale Monogram A-10, all the way from the US of A, Texas to be precise.
Many thanks to John aka Batman customs, for this kit, as I only had to pay the postage on it :thumbsup:
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

B777LR

Found an awesome model shop in Flensburg. Got a Revell 1/72 Hawker Hunter and Su-25 :wub:

Kerrillc

Well I am well and truly flabbergasted!

I went into my store cupboard where I keep my stash from prying eyes and did a box count. I am truly astonished at what I had stored away as I had really forgotten what was there, having a mini-stroke last year DID NOT HELP. I discovered that I have 34, Yes THIRTY FOUR, unmade kits. (Jeremy Clarkson voice over ON) "Some say that is not very many, but when they have languished there for 20+ years they actually represent a small time capsule" (Jeremy Clarkson voice over OFF).

The majority are of course Starfix, as well as Monogram, Revell, Hasegawa, Heller/Humbrol and even, Heavens to Murgatroyd! Matchbox and a FROG!!

I am going to make a list and I think I might post it and if there are any suggestions as to what I should create I would appreciate any advice.

My next question is to the moderators, is it possible to post a word document or should I post it to anyone who sends me a pm?

I have at least two He 219 Uhus, one from Revell and one the aforementioned Frog!

Okay gentlefolk over to you!

Cheers and Seasons Greetings to you all

Kerrill
If I am targetted by JMNs, I'm in good Company.

No, no, no! You do not die for your country, you make the other one die!

chrisonord

Hya Kerill,
It sounds like you have some nice kits there, if you let me know what it is you have and the scale I am sure we can all give you plenty of ideas on what to do with them, as just a simple paint scheme and marking change can make a world of difference.
Cheers,
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

thedarkmaster

well mate all you need to do is see which ones can fit into the Empires twighlight thread and make them all up  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Seriously though get the list out to people and you'll be amazed at the ideas that come from them, their are many wild imaginations out there.
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Steel Penguin

from the bring and buy at the wargamer show in birmingham today. a 1:48 chally 1 from kittech, more for the battle group..
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Martin H

nice boxes, now show us whats in em lol
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.