My Stash just grew again (2009)

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 01, 2009, 02:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howard of Effingham

a couple of days ago i got.....

airfix 1/72 FAA Corsair. this one will be real as it includes decals for one of Robert Hampton Gray's a/c. he won the VC.
airfix 1/72 MiG-15. lovely kit, hopefully this consigns their old MiG-15 moulds into the fiery furnace. any comments, anyone?

but my plaudits go to their new Sea Harrier FRS1. a TRULY BRILLIANT kit, not the least of which is
because the twin sidewinder launchers are included. which i think haven't been in a 1/72 kit before.

i also have two FA2 on order.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Nigel Bunker

From Amazon "TSR2 -Lost Tomorrows of an Eagle" - a snip at £10.49. Based on the MAM series but expanded. I'm off to do some reading.
Life's too short to apply all the stencils

Aircav

Hasegawa 1/32 Curtiss P-40K via the man with the red van.
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

ChernayaAkula

Courtesy of Hobby Link Japan's Christmas Sale:
Hasegawa 1/72 F-2A Air Combat Meet 2009 (two kits)
Hasegawa 1/48 F-14A Tomcat (real world VF-211 project)
Hasegawa 1/48 Weapons Set D
Bandai 1/144 Gundam OO Dynames
Bandai 1/144 Gundam OO Exia

The Gundams will be whiffed into medieval knights. In some way. Axes, broadswords, warhammers, shields and stuff like that. And medieval heraldic.  :wacko: They have some articulated joints. Will have to see whether they can be posed to form a duel.
I already have the F-2 combo kit, but it was needed to kick-off the free-shipping-deal. And they were at around 50% off (I think).
I think I'm developing a rather serious F-2 addiction. 1 in 1/48, 10 in 1/72 (including that Idolmaster thingie ) and two in 1/144.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Radish

1/72nd ICM Type XXVII Midget Submarine.....not sure...might be whiffed into a spaceship...or not.
1/43rd Peugot Ralleye Car (Heller) as parts for my space truck, along with the Italeri 1/24th Opel Blitz Firetruck (already acquired)
1/72nd Pagasus Hobbies Apollo 27 Space Rocket....my third one...I love 'em.

:thumbsup:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

nev

Quote from: Overkiller on December 16, 2009, 01:03:10 PM
1/144 Revell An-124....thinking RAF  :wub:

Would work....so would Indian AF, replacing the An-12s flying to and from Russia over the Himalayas :)

Quote from: ChernayaAkulaI think I'm developing a rather serious F-2 addiction

Well, its better than a crack addiction, although not much cheaper ;)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

thedarkmaster

Got myself an old Vacform Martin Baker 5,
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Aircav

Quote from: Overkiller on December 17, 2009, 11:49:09 AM
Quote from: nev on December 17, 2009, 10:04:34 AM

Would work....so would Indian AF, replacing the An-12s flying to and from Russia over the Himalayas :)

YOU, outside, NOW!  ;D

Look what you've done, now I want to do both ideas  :lol:

:cheers:

Duncan

Thats a lot of wheels to paint  ;D

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

kitbasher

Quote from: Radish on December 16, 2009, 12:34:26 AM
An Airfix 1/72nd BP Defiant for Biggles.
It's from "Biggles Defends The Desert" and has a key role towards the end. I know it's not the best kit, but I made it before (when it first appeared in the early/mid 1960s) and it'll be fun.
I've got two of them now, and one will be all black, but with desert colours on top surfaces with high fuselage demarcation. The other will be full desert colours, azure blue undersurfaces, etc.. Same aircraft, but just a different interpretation of how it looked. Whooooohooooooo :drink: :drink:
Oh look, stop it will you?  You're making me want to keep my Airfix Defiant that was bought for whiffing - and actually whif it!
;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Sauragnmon

He's tempting me to look into a defiant for whiffing, and whif it.  Not hard, since I've had the idea floating in my head for a while now.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

nev

Quote from: Overkiller on December 17, 2009, 11:49:09 AM

YOU, outside, NOW!  ;D

Look what you've done, now I want to do both ideas  :lol:

What, me? 

Just think how good it will look alongside your Indian Nimrod AEW.3 :wacko:
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

ChernayaAkula

Got a Revell 1/72 WWII Luftwaffe personnel and pilots set today. Apparently it's a rebox of some PREISER FIGURES with six new multi-part pilots added (which means six figures of the Presier set are not on the Revell sprue). They're moulded in "proper" styrene. The multi-part pilots for the cockpits are rather small and given the size of 1/72 cockpits, that's a good thing. :lol:

Quote from: ChernayaAkulaI think I'm developing a rather serious F-2 addiction

Well, its better than a crack addiction, although not much cheaper ;)

To top things off, either will drive you round the bend sooner or later. :lol:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Weaver

Decided to encourage my LHS to get some new stuff in by clearing a bit of shelf space for them, so I took their last four JB vehicle kits off their hands: 3 x FC Landrovers and an FC Landrover Ambulance. No specific plans for the straight Landies yet, but the ambulance is alomst certainly going to become a Cheshire riot-control vehicle for Patchwork World.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Airfix 1/72

Mig 15

SHAR FRS1 (MZ didn't have the other one),

Hanover CLIII A (always liked this when it first came out) may be Polish

Churchill Bridgelayer - I need the bridge
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Aircav

Called in at Chestermoor this morning and they have the new Airfix 1/24 Mosquito in, very nice, very nice indeed but I didn't get one just some Evergreen plank sheet and some square strips  ;D

Sir Sydney Camm