My Stash just grew again (2009)

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 01, 2009, 02:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radish

Popped briefly into Derby this morning, and purchased a 1/72nd Revell Do228 (yes, must post decals to Aircav!) and an Airfix 1/400 St Albans....to be a Spacecruiser.
:wub:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Army of One

In a moment of madness I got 2x F14D's 2x Tornado GR1's and an F18 wild weasel....all revell n all 1/144......dunno what I'm gonna do with them yet................also got 2x Mig 15's new Airfix ones.
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Weaver

Quote from: chrisonord on December 22, 2009, 10:58:46 AM
Today I got dragged kicking and screaming to my LHS by the missus, to get me a xmas present  :rolleyes:
I know what you are all thinking, how cruel can a woman be?? :lol:
So I was forced to have a revell NH-90, good job I really wanted one of these, but I did not let on to her that I wanted it :wacko:
The things we have to put up with :blink:
Still, it looks like the Honduras AF will be getting a brand new helicopter instead of a museum piece  ;D
Chris.  

You're laughing now - wait until she insists you build it now and paint it pink.......  ;)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

ChernayaAkula

I've been bad again... :rolleyes:
1/48 Revell MiG-25 Foxbat - originally just wanted it for the decals, but I think I know what I'll do with the kit.
1/72 Heller Potez 63-11 - hmmm, Aeronavale?  :wacko:
1/72 Eduard Spad XIII

And from the Bay of evil:
1/35 Hobby Boss V-150 Commando w/ 20mm gun
1/35 Hobby Boss LAV-150 Commando w/ 90mm Cockerill gun
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

JayBee

You may have read elsewhere that I am now recpvering from a mild heart attack. Which of course means that I have lots of spare time to use up at home, rather than being at work on duty. I wish :rolleyes:.

However, this morning my boss arrived at the door with a get well present from the other workers in the office :blink:

So I am now the happy owner of an Airfix F27 Friendship and a Tamiya 1/48 Mosquito NF11 (the one with the utility vehicle) :wub:

What can I say :bow:

JimB
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Mossie

Jim, reading material for the Friendship!
http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,25602.0/highlight,fokker+friendship.html

Picked up an Airfix 1/72 Sea Harrier FRS.1 yesterday, from The Model Shop in Hull.  A few ideas for it, Marineflieger might be nice, although I remember Martin saying that Iran was looking at buying four Invincible Class Carriers.  Shars for the Shah maybe, & later the Ayatollah???

Would look pretty in their overwater scheme, toting Sea Eagles, or possibly Exocets. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: Mossie on December 23, 2009, 07:48:15 AM
Picked up an Airfix 1/72 Sea Harrier FRS.1 yesterday,<...>  I remember Martin saying that Iran was looking at buying four Invincible Class Carriers.  Shars for the Shah maybe, & later the Ayatollah???
Would look pretty in their overwater scheme, toting Sea Eagles, or possibly Exocets.
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i176/Mossie105/Aircraft/CH-53IranianNavy.jpg

Do it!  :thumbsup: Do it!  :thumbsup: Do it!  :thumbsup: Do it!

I believe someone did a profile for these. I'm inclined to say it was Maverick, but I'm not sure. Or maybe Gekko?
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Weaver

Quote from: Mossie on December 23, 2009, 07:48:15 AM
Picked up an Airfix 1/72 Sea Harrier FRS.1 yesterday,<...>  I remember Martin saying that Iran was looking at buying four Invincible Class Carriers.  Shars for the Shah maybe, & later the Ayatollah???
Would look pretty in their overwater scheme, toting Sea Eagles, or possibly Exocets.
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i176/Mossie105/Aircraft/CH-53IranianNavy.jpg

OR, you could do it post-revolution, toting something Russian..... :wub:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Quote from: JayBee on December 23, 2009, 06:37:53 AM
You may have read elsewhere that I am now recpvering from a mild heart attack. Which of course means that I have lots of spare time to use up at home, rather than being at work on duty. I wish :rolleyes:.

However, this morning my boss arrived at the door with a get well present from the other workers in the office :blink:

So I am now the happy owner of an Airfix F27 Friendship and a Tamiya 1/48 Mosquito NF11 (the one with the utility vehicle) :wub:

JimB

Thankyou ??? Seriously Jim glad to "see" the recovery is proceding apace - take care.

Chris

PS - That Friendship must be as old as you ?  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

From the man in the red van (actually he was walking) and the Big H a Czechmaster Vampire F.1. The new tool and it's very nice.

This will be real world which means my old tooling can become a SEAC aircraft. In this Vampire series they are releasing two Sea Vampires (the prototype and the F.20) and a nightfighter  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

pyro-manic

Was given an early present last night, in the form of a CC Lee (Italeri knock-off) 1:72 Sea Flanker. :wub:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

JayBee

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 24, 2009, 01:20:59 AM
Quote from: JayBee on December 23, 2009, 06:37:53 AM

JimB

Thankyou ??? Seriously Jim glad to "see" the recovery is proceding apace - take care.

Chris

PS - That Friendship must be as old as you ?  ;D

Nah! It is aa relatively youngster.
I am SIXTY to-day! :drink: :party: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Happy Christmas tomorrow everyone.

JimB
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

nev

Jim, get yerself stuck into that Tamiya mossie - one of the best kits I have ever had the pleasure of making.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: Aircav on December 21, 2009, 04:49:05 AM
and they are doing a significant British plane in 1/32 possibly a Hurricane too.

Please G*d, let them do a 'family' of Hurri's. I've been championing the 1:32 Hurricane to anybody who'll listen for years !!

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)