My Stash just grew again (2009)

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 01, 2009, 02:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aircav

Quote from: Overkiller on December 28, 2009, 05:33:07 AM
Quote from: Aircav on December 28, 2009, 05:21:00 AM
Went to Chestermoor this morning and saw the new 1/32 Tamiya Spitfire, very nice but I'm not sure I could justify spending 100 quid on one kit, anyway I did get a 1/48 Tamiya Beaufighter Mk.IV.  ;D

...box too small then?  :wacko:

Its about the same size as the Revell Lancaster box  ;D
I was really looking for a 1/24 Trumpeter Hawker Hurricane Mk.IIc  :thumbsup:
BTW, they had in the new Revell 1/32 Eurofighter as well
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Barry Krell

Our lass dragged me out shopping today, which she knows I hate, but kindly bought me three Hunters in the modelzone sale.  So I forgave her.
Aston Martin  - Power, Beauty, Soul.

Weaver

Well I was going to go and "just have a look at" (who am I kidding?  :rolleyes:) the Modelzone sale today, but the bike's battery went on strike in sympathy with my wallet, and driving/bussing it into Manchester is slow torture, so I'm going tomorrow instead. Think carefully therefore, before admitting to clearing out the Manchester Modelzone today........... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Mossie

I hit Modelzone too.  I was in town to get hold of a new shaver from Argos.  Almost regretted it as town was a rugby scrum,  but I headed into Hobbycraft & a local modelshop to see if they had a Revell 1/72 Tornado F.3, came up blanks.  Since Modelzone is a couple of doors away from Argos, it'd be rude not to go in.

No Tonka, but I came out with Revell Hunter FGA.9 for a fiver & a Revell Victor for eight quid!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Barry Krell

Quote from: Mossie on December 28, 2009, 10:08:05 AM
Hobbycraft & a local modelshop to see if they had a Revell 1/72 Tornado F.3, came up blanks. 

Revell Tornado F3?  I know the GR1 is their own tooling but I think the F3 is a reboxed Italeri kit.
Aston Martin  - Power, Beauty, Soul.

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: Barry Krell on December 28, 2009, 10:20:48 AM
Hobbycraft & a local modelshop to see if they had a Revell 1/72 Tornado F.3, came up blanks. 

Revell Tornado F3?  I know the GR1 is their own tooling but I think the F3 is a reboxed Italeri kit.

it is and i don't like it.

airfix and hase' F3 are much better.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Mossie

Yes, it's definately the Italeri rebox & that would do, it's just the Revell box is in production at the mo.  I've got the Airfix kit (Trev, you helped me find this at Doncaster a few years back!).  I'm looking at building it right away & I've looked at the Airfix kit & I'm thinking it's the old Airfix cliche, 'it'll look nice with a little work'.  Trouble is, I'm pushed for time & I was hoping the Revell/Italeri kit would go together a little qiucker & easier.  I'm not worried about it detail & accuracy too much, just a quick build.  Might even be worth getting hold of the Hase kit although that's broken down into more sections & might take longer?

Trev, I'm surpised you didn't pick up on the fact I've finally seen the light & bought a Victor! ;D
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Radish

A trip to Modelzone in Derby seems possible..... :tank:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: Mossie on December 28, 2009, 10:56:51 AM
Yes, it's definately the Italeri rebox & that would do, it's just the Revell box is in production at the mo.  I've got the Airfix kit (Trev, you helped me find this at Doncaster a few years back!). 

Trev, I'm surpised you didn't pick up on the fact I've finally seen the light & bought a Victor! ;D

forgot about that  :tornado: F3, mossie.

always happy to see someone buying a victor. i have at least 12, three of which are in 1/96 scale.
Keeper of George the Cat.

pyro-manic

No Tonka, but I came out with Revell Hunter FGA.9 for a fiver & a Revell Victor for eight quid!

Eight quid for a Victor? :blink: Damn, anyone willing to pick one up for me? There's no Modelzone anywhere near me, and it's not listed on the website...
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

beowulf

HUMVEEs were a crimbo prezzie
F16 won on ebay last night for £3.20....picked up today as the seller was only a few miles away. ;D
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

Daryl J.

Tamiya's Fw-190F-8/9 with the big prop and extra blade fan and in the same box an Uhu.       :drink:

I may start my next project at work tomorrow.    The schedule is completely open (bad for business/family support....great for modeling.)

Daryl J.

Weaver

Quote from: pyro-manic on December 28, 2009, 12:50:20 PM

Eight quid for a Victor? :blink: Damn, anyone willing to pick one up for me? There's no Modelzone anywhere near me, and it's not listed on the website...

I will if you want: I'm sending you a Hueycobra cockpit at some point anyway, right?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Quote from: Barry Krell on December 28, 2009, 08:59:50 AM
Our lass dragged me out shopping today, which she knows I hate, but kindly bought me three Hunters in the modelzone sale.  So I forgave her.

Sounds like a "keeper"  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 29, 2009, 01:28:17 AM
Sounds like a "keeper"  :thumbsup:

Sure does! :thumbsup: Especially as she expresses excellent taste regarding subject matter.  :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?