New Releases 2009 (some thoughts)

Started by Thorvic, January 01, 2009, 05:38:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger the Cabin Boy

"...but no transport aircraft such as a 72nd A-400M"

I'm in line for oneof those... 
The future's so bright, I gotta wear NVGs...

Spey_Phantom

im kinda dissapointed about the 1/144 releases this year.

i do like that revell has re-isseud the Gepard attack boat in that scale.
but im kinda dissapointed that there are no good 1/144 aircraft/helicopter releases.

i was kinda hoping that revell  would re-issue the 1/144 NH90, maybe with parts for an TTH or NFH version.
also, i hope revell brings out some better 1/144 transport stuff next year, maybe a C-160, Noratlas, C-130J, C-141,....
i really would like revell to build some more fighters in that scale, maybe bring back the Harrier GR.1, or release a 1/144 F-8E, A-7, A-6, S-3, superbug, Seaking or even a Gannet. the old Dragon 2-seat F-16 could also be re-isseud.

who knows, maybe they would bring out a production version of the F-35A/B/C in the future  :mellow:
now all i want for christmas 2010, a revell 1/144 USS Commencement Bay aircraft carrier, and maybe they should re-release its 1/144 WW2 line of aircraft (FW190, grumman hellcat,...)

on other scales/manufacturers, im glad airfix made a 1/72 Grumman Widgeon, now there's an intresting release, would look great in Dutch, Belgian SAR markings, or even an ASW converted one  :wub:
but im still waiting here for Italeri's 1/144 ATR42, did they ever get around to releasing that?
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

PR19_Kit

Nils,

Quote from: Nils on January 02, 2009, 12:43:49 PM
.......maybe bring back the Harrier GR.1...........

I suspect that may be impossible without making totally new moulds.

From observation of umpteen 1/144 Harrier and Sea Harrier kits while building deck cargo for my Atlantic Conveyor, I came to the conclusion that all the manufacturers who made these kits used the same mould. At some stage it was modified to make the SHAR, but I'm not sure when or who did it.

I have Crown, Revell and Minicraft kits and the wings and smaller parts are identical on all of them. The nose obviously differs from the GR1s to the SHARs but the rear fuselages fit like a glove to each other.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

It does seem a little underwhelming, but the release of the Illustriuos saves the day for me......

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

HOG

If theres nothing I NEED to buy then perhaps some of the backlog in the stash may see the light of day.  ;D
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

Daryl J.

So I'm an odd duck but the Sea Vixen, B-57B, and TSR.2 in 1/48 have me dancing on the rooftops.   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Yes, two of those are announcements from last year but to me the releases are the best thing since the Hasegawa 1/48 A-4 series.   

Daryl J.

NARSES2

Hobbes is right about production schedules - any "credit crunch" impact on the flow of new kits will take effect in 2nd half this year/first half next. The main concern for UK modellers is the reduction in the value of Sterling verses the Euro - 30% in a year. Now that will impact on buying habits.

Me - I'm awaiting the MPM/Special Hobby/Azure/Czech Mater listings. I know some of the stuff will never see the light of day but if a Monospar is released in 1/72 anything is possible  :thumbsup:

I'm happily waiting (pre-ordered) the Czechmaster Vampire and Venom single seaters  :wub:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

B777LR

Quote from: Mossie on January 02, 2009, 09:49:59 AM
Finally???  It's not even flown yet! :lol:  Thomas, I guess you'll be changing your title to B787-10X??? ;D 

Lol, is it possible to change the name from B777LR into B787? Who should i talk to? ;D

B777LR

Quote from: B787 on January 03, 2009, 03:16:42 AM
Finally???  It's not even flown yet! :lol:  Thomas, I guess you'll be changing your title to B787-10X??? ;D 

Lol, is it possible to change the name from B777LR into B787? Who should i talk to? ;D

Hey, it worked! Thanks!

Freightdog862

Perhaps 2009 is a good time to build the kits you bought in 2008?? ;D

Mossie

Quote from: B787 on January 03, 2009, 04:34:46 AM

Hey, it worked! Thanks!

Ha Ha!  I didn't actually mean it!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: Freightdog862 on January 03, 2009, 05:38:09 AM
Perhaps 2009 is a good time to build the kits you bought in 2008?? ;D

Colin
There just aren't enuff hours in the year to build what I bought in 2008 - amongst the many were a Hasegawa Porsche 917, and Lancia Stratos - You wouldn't believe the part count on those two alone !  :banghead:

When will I learn  :banghead: :banghead:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Green Dragon

Nils, a lot of the 1/144th stuff you want has already been done in Japan as Gashapon/Trading kits or full kits. The Gashapon are pre-painted for the most part but the F-35A has been made by Pitroad and is far superior to the Revell kit. Here are three pics from their website. http://www5b.biglobe.ne.jp/~pitroad/s/f35a_01.jpg
http://www5b.biglobe.ne.jp/~pitroad/s/f35a_02.jpg
http://www5b.biglobe.ne.jp/~pitroad/s/f35a_03.jpg
Here is the A-6, A7, F-4 and F-14 by F-toys. http://www.f-toys.net/p_usnavy.html
This is the Hao Platz F-8. http://www.platz-hobby.com/products/1049.html
There is an S-3 and a Skywarrior by someone too but I can't remember who.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

GTX

Quote from: B787 on January 03, 2009, 04:34:46 AM

Hey, it worked! Thanks!

You should be thankful, you weren't changed into A350 ;D.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Martin H

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.