Messerschmitt Bf110

Started by GTX, January 01, 2009, 12:56:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sequoiaranger

...has the triple engine, but with triple tail, too!!
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

KJ_Lesnick

Quote from: johnsjunk on August 27, 2011, 05:30:08 PMHere is a Mexxerschmitt Mex-151-A to add to your thread :mellow:

Is that a DH Hornet/Mosquito with a different tail and cockpit?
That being said, I'd like to remind everybody in a manner reminiscent of the SNL bit on Julian Assange, that no matter how I die: It was murder (even if there was a suicide note or a video of me peacefully dying in my sleep); should I be framed for a criminal offense or disappear, you know to blame.

Logan Hartke

That is really great!

Cheers,

Logan

pyro-manic

Quote from: KJ_Lesnick on March 31, 2012, 03:34:46 PM
Is that a DH Hornet/Mosquito with a different tail and cockpit?

No, it's a modified Messerschmitt 110. Hence it's in the Messerschmitt 110 thread. ;)
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Spey_Phantom

im surprised to see there wasnt a topic on this aircraft yet.

just a question, just an idea i was playing with...
as the Bf110 was a decent fighter up to the BoB, how usefull would the Bf110 be as a light bomber?
imagine being equiped with 4 hardpoints beneath the fuselage, of course as it was underpowered, i imagine only 4 x 70kg or 250kg bombs, and 2 optional on the wing.
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Wardukw

The Me-110 could carry bombs .
It had 2 fuselage mounted racks which could carry 2 x 1000kg. (2205lb) bombs .
With some mods smaller racks could be wing mounted to carry say 250lb bombs and a fuselage mounted rack system to carry 4 x 250lb ..that would make a decent load out .
In the RW that would all depend upon the strength of the wings to handle a decent bomb load ..100lb sized bombs shouldn't be to much a problem .
It's wasn't all that slow either with the clean speed of 342mph but make it unclean and I think the speed would plummet  :lol:
Engine upgrade time  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Stan in YUL

It might do well to consider its dive bombing potential as the concept was considered paramount for German bomber design: I suppose other mods would have been seen as essential to meet these requirements (more re-enforced structure, more drag, more armor, less performance). Engine upgrade time, big time indeed!

Geoff

It was also used as a recce aircraft

Wardukw

If new engines are fitted then ones like the DB605 ASCM with 1550hp and with boost 2000hp would give it a good power upgrade from the Me-109K..those might have been to late in the war tho to use...but wiffy world tho  :wacko:
The G model Me110 had similar DB605B-1 engines as the Me109 G which had DB605A which were 1475hp but the 109 had a  special boost which then boosted to 1800hp.

Oh I just had a looksie at one of my books and it shows a Me110D-2 of lll/ZG 26 in 1941 with two small bomb racks on each wing .
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

RAFF-35

There was a light bomber design based on the Bf.110 that Messerschmitt took to prototype form, called the Bf.162

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messerschmitt_Bf_162
Don't let ageing get you down, it's too hard to get back up

NARSES2

Right I've merged the two topics, that's 20 minutes of my life I won't get back, mainly to see how the "new" system differed from the "old" and yes it does tidy things up.

However can I also say that for the first time in a long time I've had to delete a post. Now whilst agreeing with the basic sentiment expressed, let us say it could have been put a little more diplomatically.  Also I have no real issue with people starting new threads if they can't find an existing one, and some of them can be very difficult to find unless you start digging, and even then you are quite likely to find existing duplications.

I've also deleted the post that mentioned the original thread simply because now that I've merged the two it's redundant.

Primarily though this site on the whole tends to be a friendly and civil site, where apart from the obvious of discussing What If modelling and subjects/ideas we can exchange some light hearted banter and not worry to much about adhering to strict "operational rules/and procedures". Lets try and keep it that way.

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Scotaidh

Maybe swap the engines to be pusher-props?
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

jcf

Quote from: Scotaidh on January 06, 2024, 03:08:21 AMMaybe swap the engines to be pusher-props?
In the real world that be of zero utility and actually degrade the performance of the aircraft.

They look cool but have turned out be a poor choice for the majority of aircraft, especially twin-engined types with
wing mounted engines as the props have to run in all of the dirty air coming off of the wing. Remember that the air
flows at different speeds on the top and the bottom of a wing. That degrades performance and introduces vibrations
caused by the uneven airflow, which increases the stress on the propellers and propeller gearboxes. Also as engine
power and speed increase, the problems become greater.

Scotaidh

Quote from: jcf on January 09, 2024, 10:22:59 PM
Quote from: Scotaidh on January 06, 2024, 03:08:21 AMMaybe swap the engines to be pusher-props?
In the real world that be of zero utility and actually degrade the performance of the aircraft.

They look cool but have turned out be a poor choice for the majority of aircraft, especially
twin-engined types with wing mounted engines as the props have to run in all of the dirty
air coming off of the wing. Remember that the air flows at different speeds on the top and
the bottom of a wing. That degrades performance and introduces vibrations caused by the
uneven airflow, and increases the stress on the propellers and propeller gearboxes. Also as
engine power and speed increase, the problems become greater.

I hadn't thought of that ... Thanks!  :)
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

killnoizer

Good information, but in Whatif science some physical rules change from time to time  :thumbsup: 

Out luck !
It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/