Messerschmitt Bf110

Started by GTX, January 01, 2009, 12:56:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dumaniac

The single seat - straight back 110 with folding wings and torpedo - perhaps with radial engines - now that would look great on the competition table - camo in grey and RLM 24 blue - mmmmmm - add it to the list of to-do projects

Cliffy B

Quote from: dumaniac on October 25, 2010, 02:09:18 AM
The single seat - straight back 110 with folding wings and torpedo - perhaps with radial engines - now that would look great on the competition table - camo in grey and RLM 24 blue - mmmmmm - add it to the list of to-do projects

I've always wanted to do one like that!!!!!!  :wacko:
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

GTX

Hint taken (no torp though):

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

dumaniac

Greg - sweet - I can add the pedo when I do the build - after all the 262 conversions on my to-do list.  Great line diagrams.  thanks

Cliffy B

Well the bug bit me again.  I was in the LHS and found a 1/72 Airfix BF-110C buried under a stack of kits and it came home with me.  For only $11.49 this kit is a steal!!!!!  Now I just have to figure out how to do the wing fold.  I think I'll look at how Grumman did it and go from there.  I also picked up an Academy 1/72 A6M5C Zero to add to my whiff Kriegsmarine carrier  :wacko:  Now....where to find a 1/72 German aerial torpedo....gents?
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

dumaniac

I seem to recall 2 pedo's on a He111 - but its a long time since my old eyes worked in 72 scale - good luck

regarding the folding wings - in 72 scale - I imagine some small hydraulic rams off some undercart might help - maybe some "V" shaped thingies off the rear wings of a Ju88 or similar.  I did the 262 with folded wings in 48 scale and had great visions of "stuff" to make the mechanism but even in 48 scale , there is not much room.  In the end, i used some bits out of a junked star wars model (that 2 engines racer for a very young Luke). 

Next question to resolve - which way to fold the wings.  I prefer the straight cut with the wings folding over the cockpit.  I think the folding wing parallel to the fuselage is harder to do and does not look as clean and pretty (particularly for the comp table) - depends on what pain you want to go to.

Look forward to the model

cheers

Bernie

jcf

GTX

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on October 29, 2010, 11:16:26 AM
Fold the wings like the Ju 87C:
http://www.airwar.ru/enc/bww2/ju87c.html

That's basically similar to what I planned - see drawing on page 1.

Regards,

Greg

KJ_Lesnick

This could really make for a good P-61 hybrid design.  Northrop did consider a design that was had a standard aft-fuselage instead of a twin-boom set-up, an H-tail would provide more directional control than a single-vertical tail-fin.
That being said, I'd like to remind everybody in a manner reminiscent of the SNL bit on Julian Assange, that no matter how I die: It was murder (even if there was a suicide note or a video of me peacefully dying in my sleep); should I be framed for a criminal offense or disappear, you know to blame.

GTX

Bf110 with twin boom layout:

Regards,

Greg

rickshaw

So, either a 3 man crew (an extra one for the new rear, lower position) or mightn't be better to lower the line of the cockpit so that the 2nd crewman is in the lower, rear gun position?
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

johnsjunk

Here is a Mexxerschmitt Mex-151-A to add to your thread :mellow:

dumaniac

Now that looks really interesting

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

PR19_Kit

That's a three engined Me-110 with an Me-210 tail?

Excellent idea and very modellable too.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit