Porsche P-245-010

Started by philp, January 01, 2009, 08:09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philp

Saw this over on Internet modeler.  Never heard of it but has definite Whiff possibilities.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Daryl J.

Oh my....supplies for my USS Monitor-like Landship!    :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:   Now to head over to Bridgetown Hobbies and Games!!!
:cheers:,
Daryl J.

Joe C-P

Stick the Porche car logo on the nose, and paint and detail it like a 911! Chrome rims, exhaust pipes, bright colours, and a spoiler.   ;D  Probably wouldn't want it to be a convertable, though...  :rolleyes:
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Daryl J.

Ordered.    Thanks for the heads up.

Daryl J.

KJ_Lesnick

I never knew Porsche made tanks...
That being said, I'd like to remind everybody in a manner reminiscent of the SNL bit on Julian Assange, that no matter how I die: It was murder (even if there was a suicide note or a video of me peacefully dying in my sleep); should I be framed for a criminal offense or disappear, you know to blame.

Ed S

Quote from: KJ_Lesnick on January 03, 2009, 08:17:26 AM

Yeah, and watch out for them on the autobahn.  When one of them comes up behind you flashing his lights, you'd better move over quick.    <_<

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

GTX

Most definitely - have a rwead of the development of the Tiger and King Tiger tanks for one.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

GTX

Quote from: philp on January 01, 2009, 08:09:46 PM

Saw this over on Internet modeler.  Never heard of it but has definite Whiff possibilities.

This was a real proposal.  It was designed in 1943 and was supposed to be able to be used against both land and air targets.  Some interesting stats:

Speed - designed to be able to hit 65km/hr
Main Armament - 55mm fully automatic cannon with 350 rounds carried in metal belts.

I have some drawings and original model pics if anyone is interested.

Regards,

Greg

philp

Greg,
I would like to see em.  All I found on google was links to the kit.

Here is the article from www.internetmodeler.com
http://www.internetmodeler.com/artman/publish/armor/Pegasus_1_72_Porsche_P-245-010.php
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

jcf

Quote from: GTX on January 03, 2009, 11:46:40 AM

Most definitely - have a read of the development of the Tiger and King Tiger tanks for one.

Regards,

Greg

Don't forget the 'Maus'.  :banghead:  :banghead:

Jon

Doc Yo

QuoteI have some drawings and original model pics if anyone is interested.

I'll second Philip's request. Just when I think I've heard of everything...I have to wonder if the gun had
the capacity to select rounds-it was originally intended as an aircraft gun, no?

GTX

philp

That thing would look a home on a WWI battlefield or a Warhammer 40k table (but probably with a bigger gun).
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

The Wooksta!

Ever since I first saw it, I've had a plan for a diorama with a WW1 style battle field, with WWII bunkers and two of these knocked out with several Daleks trundling past.  A post Genesis of the Daleks dio, the newly emerging Daleks exterminating the last of the Thals.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies