11-15 (Please specify)
7 (14.6%)
16-20 (Please specify)
2 (4.2%)
20+ (please specify)
5 (10.4%)

Total Members Voted: 46

nev

So c'mon folks, 'fess up.  Note, its not how many you built from start to finish in 2008, you could have started it in 1973 and all it needed was the canopy putting on.  If you did that in 2008, then it counts as a finished kit.

Me, I managed 8 this year.  I try for double figures each year, but usually fail.  Still, 8 ain't bad.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

B777LR

Steel Penguin

i put 20+ but that does need a little clarification, an 1:48 Apache ( added a mast mounted sight too) a 1:48 GR3 harrier, an 1:48 A10, a 1:48 Jaguar and a goodly chunk of wargaming stuff, bolt action miniatures AEC armoured car and another AC who's name slips my mind, 2 Sloppy Jalopy 1:56 BMP2s, a Sloppy FV432-30 ( with thanks to Ian Crouch for the turret) a couple of Chieftain Models 1:56 Chieftain tanks, a S and S land rover WMIK, ( 12 so far), a games workshop Vindicator ( old style with the metal gun , its horrible don't if you don't have too use some plastic pipe) a Force of arms 1:56 Centurion, into a cent AVRE ( it should be noted that any thing British , ground and 80s generally gets Berlin block), a GW sisters of battle immolate, and then the wargaming infantry arrives 28mm Mongrel 80s Russians, 60 + ( the week after my father died, for 3 days i was good for nothing else bar painting the hands moved but the brain wasn't entirely all there ), 20+ GW sisters of battle, a slew of HassleFree figs. A couple of the Grand Manner resin Vietnam era sandbag emplacements and the stork tower. and possibly various outher bits. Howevere this year i plan to reduce the lead / kit mountain not add to it.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Six whifs and two RW - an average year for me.......

Will be a lot less in 2009 as I intend doing two 1:32 RW projects at the start of the year and a major RW build on one of my 1:48 Mirage F1's. Depending upon the GB calender on this 'ere site, I should have a couple of Russian 'things' for the 'Sovietise It' GB and a couple for the 'Trainers with Teeth/CoIn' GB.

Be interesting - for my own reference - to re-visit this thread this time next year !

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

PR19_Kit

Only 3, but I did start all of them in 2008.

My last five years working gave me zero chance to do any modelling at all, so I expect a massive improvement in the build figures for 2009.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

JayBee

Three.
All started in '08, and all finished the week before Christmas.
They are:-

Dewotine D522 of one of the Free French squadrons of the RAF.
Gruman Bearcat FB-4, (also known as the Centaurus Bearcat) RN Fleet Air Arm, Korea.
North American Kelpie FR-7, RN Fleet Air Arm, Operation Musketeer.

As soon as I can work out how to post photo's you will see them.
Any help in that direction would be most appreciated.
Cheers guys.

JayBee
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Mike Wren

er... probably for the first time ever... none!  >:(

but I did finish, all in 1/76-1/72 scale... wait for it... 16 (yes, 16!) of these...

about a hundred vans in various liveries...

and a fair few Police cars & vans and Paramedic cars...

so not too bad then...  ;D

http://www.wicked-obvious.co.uk/index.html

Shasper

3 . . . Not my usual but it was a topsy-turvy year for me. Managed to 99.999% finish my rendition of a USAF F-8E:

A MiG-32 for the inaugural Spring Break GB:

And a F-15C Aggressor inspired by one of Mav's profiles:

Hopefully I can get back in the modellin' groove sometime soon.

Shas b)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Mossie

Six in total this year, which was the target I set myself at the beginning of the year.  Two were started before 2008, but I was happy since I hadn't finished a kit in some time.  It looked like I might actually get more done at one time, but I hit a lull at the end of the year, simillar to how I was before.  Got to kick myself out of it!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Ed S

Not a bad year.  I finished 15.  Did 7 for group builds (here & ARC) and entered some in local contests and won awards with 5.  I'm pretty pleased with the results.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Daryl J.

One....and it was 100% scratchbuilt.   What was fun is that one of my lady co-workers heard about it and gave me an idea which was used as did my wife.     

Daryl J., hoping to triple that number this year.

anthonyp

Yeah, even though I haven't posted a completed plane since May, it's not for lack of trying (especially in the last week of the year).  I did manage to complete 23 builds over the last year, and still have more on the bench(es).  This includes all my CG/SAR builds that I started, the Japanese GB model, as well as the Grey Pride one.  Yeah, I suck with deadlines, though I'm still hurting the stash everytime I go to it.  And then there's the two dozen naval models I've got sitting around waiting to be painted and decaled...

• USCG HH-91F Rescue Malamute (NH90 in USCG colors)
  • USCG HC-143B (had no idea they already had a CL604 when I started it)
  • USCG HC-146 (BAE-146 in CG colors)
  • USCG HH-53T
  • USCG HH-65A (an alternate HH-65, ie, the Ka-60 in USCG colors)
  • USCG HU-30A (my seaplane E-2 conversion)
  • USCG HH-3P (Sea King in USCG colors)
  • USCG HV-15B (XV-15 in full orange USCG colors)
  • USCG HV-22F (V-22 in USCG colors)
  • CRDF HU-30A (Conch Republic flying boat)
  • JASDF F-3A (My goofed up YF-22 Canard delta thing)
  • USN F-15N Swingwing
  • USN F/A-18B+ VFA-209 (Air Baron 01)
  • USN F/A-18A+ VFA-209 (Air Baron 03)
  • USN F/A-18A+ VFA-209 (Air Baron 04)
  • USN F/A-18A+ VFA-209 (Air Baron 05)
  • USN F/A-18A+ VFA-209 (Air Baron 06)
  • USN F/A-18A+ VFA-209 (Air Baron 07)
  • USN F/A-18A+ VFA-209 (Air Baron 09)
  • USN F/A-16J VFA-209 (F-2 done up as a Sea Falcon)
  • USN F/A-16S VFA-209 (2 seat F-2 done up as a Sea Falcon)
  • USN A-9B
  • RCAF Strikemaster in Grey
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

ChernayaAkula

Zero! Zip! Nada!  :banghead:

I promise to do better in 09!
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?