Main Menu

Spring Break GB Redeaux?

Started by Shasper, January 03, 2009, 06:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

Looks like I've dimension-shifted this baby to a Sci-Fi GB :)  My long-planned Praetorian Guard battlecruiser is too ambitious for 1 week, but make it Sci-Fi and Fantasy and I have the ideal subject in the stash :)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Mossie

So when is Spring Break?  From what I can gather on the net it varys over the US & it's not neccessarily in Spring!   It's not a holiday as such over this side of the pond, closest we have is Whit-week which starts the last week of May.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Brian da Basher

I'm up for Sci-Fi! Not sure if I can get my idea together in a week, but it's worth a shot!
:cheers:
Brian da Basher

Shasper

Well Moss I get a week off for Mardi Gras at the end of Feb & then a break between terms at the beginning of March, so any time frame between the beginning of March & Easter would be feasible . . .

Shas 8)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

lancer

Yeah, count me in for a Sci Fi build, noe I need to think of a plan worthy of it.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Mossie

Wasn't sure where to put this, but here's a possibility for a Star Wars build if we're going Sci-Fi for this one.  Just today, I picked up a Revell Easykit Pocket TIE Interceptor, just on a childhood whim I guess!  The kit is a little under  1/100, but I was pleasantly surprised that the pilot is closer to 1/72.

Not sure if the other Star Wars Easykit Pockets are the same, but they're around five quid each kit, so a little bit on the dear side just to buy for the pilots.  These kits don't look bad at all so you could put a few on your shelf for a childhood kickback.  Or if you have kids you can rob the pilots from their kits, they'll never know kids only lose them anyway.....  :wacko:  Here's the TIE pilot, quite at home in my WIP Tunnan.

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

nev

Yeah, I've seen those Revell cheapo SW kits.  Must pick some up.  THere was even an advent calendar of them!  The missus was going to buy me one but then didn't.... :(
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Mike Wren

Quote from: nev on January 14, 2009, 01:03:45 AM
Yeah, I've seen those Revell cheapo SW kits.  Must pick some up.  THere was even an advent calendar of them!  The missus was going to buy me one but then didn't.... :(

better tell Mrs Nev to get down to the Modelzone sale...
http://www.modelzone.co.uk/star_wars_advent_calendar-pc8334-details.htm

after all, it's never too early to start planning for next Christmas...  :thumbsup:

lancer

Quote from: nev on January 14, 2009, 01:03:45 AM

I have 2 of those Revell SW quick kits - X-wing and Squint ( sorry TiE Interceptor) and they are really good little kits!! Easy to put together, although I did use glue on mine, but they do make a good little model. Mine are currently duelling over my computer screen. Although I AM looking to get the fine molds ones as soon as I can. Although some of the craft from eps 1-3 do tend to look like horrifically mutated versions of some of the original ships.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die