O

UK Members - Hobbycraft Sale/Cheap Kits!

Started by Overkiller, January 03, 2009, 07:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Overkiller

Ian the Kiwi Herder

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Weaver

Hobbycraft has a sale on again at the moment. It seems a little confused: some items are "clearance" on yellow tickets and some are "blue cross" and are supposed to be 30% off, but the maths doesn't always add up. It's by no means everything in the shop, but it's definately worth a look anyway.

Notables include:

various £8.00 Airfix kits for £5.00

£35 Tamiya tanks at £20-odd

Tamiya Raptors (dinosaurs) at half price (£7.00 instead of £14-odd) - be quick: I got the last one in the Stockport branch

Tamiya German 37mm AT gun & crew for £4.00

Various other Tamiya dinosaurs

Revell new-tool Gannet for £7.00

Lots of others: that's just what I can remember.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

lancer

Somebody needs to tell my local Hobbycraft then. I was in there today and saw no sign of any sales at all.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Weaver

It's on their website. The Clearance Sale page doesn't list the kits, but the actual kit pages show the discounts.

It all seems a bit disorganised. For instance, the website shows the Airfix Nimrod at £10 off but the Stirling at full price, however Stockport Hobbycraft are discounting the Stirling but charging full whack for the Nimrod. There's also clearance stuff not on the website that probably varies from store to store.

http://direct.hobbycraft.co.uk/productlist.asp?a=resetsearch&catid=146&RootCatID=146
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

deathjester

Maybe it is at managers discretion then? :tank:

Tojo633

All
Could be a combination of factors, overstock of certain kits which don't sell or are too highly priced, our one in Aberdeen has seen a reduction of overall kits volume carried this year en masse except when it opened before xmas it was stowed out. Some kits did seem to be overstocked, which to me were not front line sellers.
I think a recce mission is called for ASAP, without the Mem Sahib knowing............................lol
Cheers
Sandy

deathjester

Well, the Peterborough store has the Tamiya stuff on offer, along with a stack of Airfix, and some railway wagons + acc...

NARSES2

Havn't got a branch near me  :banghead: Altough Croydon finally gets a branch on 31/07, so maybe they'll have some opening offers. Whatever it will be nice to finally get to see what they are like  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

They didn't have anything at my local Hobbycraft on Friday. I'll be at the retail park tonight for something else, it'd be rude not to have another look!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Tojo633

All

Just checked the Aberdeen store, the few that stood out were as per the website. Revell Gannet for one, Airfix Fulmar, Sea Fury etc and a few other, but didn't see any major bargains as such so I would reckon there may be isolated bargains out there on a shop to shop basis but these may be kits which are overstocked or just not selling.
Cheers
Sandy

beowulf

picked up a Tamiya 1/35 Leopard MBT the other day for the pricley sum of £6.99  :thumbsup:
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

Mossie

I popped in earlier in the week & it wasn't particularly impressive, a handfull of stuff was in the sale, the only kit being a single Tamiya Panzer III.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Weaver

Just been in Stockport Hobbycraft again, and they have new stuff in the sale, specifically Revellobox 1/76th armour:

Comet
Sherman Firefly
T34-76
Chaffee
Jagdpanther
LRDG Chevy truck & jeep

All £3.99 each, which is pretty good. :thumbsup:

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Update from Stockport Modelzone:

All Revell kits at 20% off
Buy any Airfix kit and get upto five Humbrol enamel tinlets at half price

Some of them seem to be discounts on top of other discounts too. For instance, I just got 2 x Revell 1/72nd EE Lightning F.6s for £3.99 each (last ones on the shelf - sorry). Can't recall many other specifics, but I do recall that the 1/48th Typhoon was about £10.

The Cheap Revell 1/76th armour is back in too:

At £3.99:

Comet
Sherman Firefly
T34-76
Chaffee
Jagdpanther

At £4.50 (I think...):

M16 halftrack (4x .50 cal AAA)
Panzer II

- Indiana Jones