O

UK Members - Hobbycraft Sale/Cheap Kits!

Started by Overkiller, January 03, 2009, 07:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Army of One

Well.....trip to Crawley branch tomorrow with junior then.....!!!
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Weaver

Hobbycraft's sale is worth checking up on again.  Few points:

There seem to be two levels of sale:

1. On the website and on the regular shop shelves,

2. Not on the website and in bins/clearance shelves. These are probably unique to each branch. Stockport branch has an Italeri 1/35th DUKW going for £9 (RRP = £25, but check ebay) and three packs of Tamiya 1/48th Afrika Korps for £4 each. Also lots of Airfix Romans and Ancient Britains, but I didn't look too closely...)

I bought some odds and sods today and got given a voucher for £5 off my next £25 purchase (web or shop) if I sign up to their e-mail newsletter.

Regular sale stuff is available through the website (not always in every shop though) and you get free postage for an order over £30.

Some highlights (All Airfix and 1/72nd or 1/76th unles sstated otherwise):

1/24th Mosquito: £99.99 (£30 discount!)
Sunderland: £12.99
Horsa: £9.99
Strikemaster: £4.99
Various armour down from £5 to £4

Scalextric pit crew (10 figures in firesuits and helmets): £4.99 (RRP = £13.49!)

Go look: http://direct.hobbycraft.co.uk/shop/special-offers_models-special-offers/viewall/

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

rickshaw

I thought the Revell Gannet was just the old Frog one?  Or have I missed something along the way?
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Weaver

Quote from: rickshaw on January 24, 2011, 09:03:07 PM
I thought the Revell Gannet was just the old Frog one?  Or have I missed something along the way?

There are two Revell Gannets. The old one is indeed the Frog one, but the new one is a complete new tool, and very nice by all accounts.

Review: http://www.hyperscale.com/2008/reviews/kits/revell04397reviewgp_1.htm

They're long gone from the Hobbycraft sale though, unless there's the odd one left in a particular store.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

rickshaw

Thanks.  There I was thinking it strange that Revell would continue with a 50 year old Frog mould...
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Weaver

Just popped into Stockport Hobbycraft for the first time in a while. Notable stuff on the clearance shelves, which means it may not be in every store or on the website:

1/48th Italeri BAE Hawks
1/48th Italeri Tornado IDS
Various packs of 1/72nd infantry

Main thing: A3 sheets of foamboard at half price: £2.50 instead of £5-odd. This is the stuff that PW uses for his wargames buildings. The only reason I didn't buy any was because I was on the bike and couldn't carry it, but I'm going back in the car tomorrow..... :wacko:

CORRECTION: the sheets that are on sale at £2.50 are A1 size, not A3, i.e. roughly 3' by 2' (I just bought 10  :thumbsup:)

- Indiana Jones

Geoff

Model Zone Leeds has1/48th Academy Buchons at £6;99 and 1/72nd KC-97's and C-97's at £17;99 plus a lot of other stuff cheap.

Weaver

Quote from: Geoff on August 21, 2011, 03:41:30 AM
Model Zone Leeds has1/48th Academy Buchons at £6;99 and 1/72nd KC-97's and C-97's at £17;99 plus a lot of other stuff cheap.

No offence, but wouldn't that be better posted on the Modelzone sale thread (this is the Hobbycraft one) here:

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,29684.0/highlight,modelzone.html

- Indiana Jones

Geoff

Quote from: Weaver on August 21, 2011, 10:10:11 AM
Quote from: Geoff on August 21, 2011, 03:41:30 AM

No offence, but wouldn't that be better posted on the Modelzone sale thread (this is the Hobbycraft one) here:

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,29684.0/highlight,modelzone.html

Yep probably!

Mossie

Was in the Hull Hobbycraft on Friday, they had the Italeri Skyfall Merlin at a tenner, about half price.  The diecasts were cheap too, but didn't pay too much attention.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.