2009, TIME FOR A NEW BUILD

Started by HOG, January 04, 2009, 02:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackOps

Hey, this is getting good!  :thumbsup: A very nice look to it indeed!
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

ChernayaAkula

Very nice! :thumbsup:

Quote from: lancer on January 06, 2009, 02:45:41 PM
Hey that looks like the love child of an Imperial scout Walker and an ED209 from Robocop!!!

:lol: Exactly!  :lol:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

retro_seventies

Continue....this is relevant to to my interests  :dalek:
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

Brian da Basher

Yowsa that's cool, HOG! It would look great in digital camo.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Watching with great interest,
Brian da Basher

HOG

Hoyhoy`al

And welcome back to the real world Brian.
Answers.

Philip      1:48  Weapons? in the Peace Corp`s

Mossie     Later

Lancer     (As its still Christmas Panto time)  "O no it isn`t" 

ChernayaAkula     see above

retro_seventies    Thanks for the permission ;D

Heres where I`s at now,
Shoulder pads on, inner hubcaps to inner knees, mudflaps to back of knees (1st kitparts), Extra strengthening bitz to upper legs, a chin gun of sorts (lego part), and small thruster jump jets to lower body (2nd Kit parts)

Under the chin gun, the box will be a infra red light ( or silver, Tamiya clear red and Future in laymans terms)
Heres the push moulds for the feet, work needed to get temprature right.

And this is just for you Mossie

I wasn`t going to show this open until it was finished, but obviously I can`t hide much from you lot of eagle eyed buggers ;D

All comments and suggestions read, sometimes with amusement and sometimes even taken heed of.
Cheers  :drink:
G

H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

BlackOps

Quote from: sotoolslinger on January 08, 2009, 03:16:43 PM
That is just effin AWESOME :wub: :thumbsup: :bow:

I concur!!!  :wub:

Gary, I love the way this is coming together, the legs look perfect for a walky mechy thing!  :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Mossie

Beauty!  Thanks for the cockpit shot Gary!  Thought it just seemed natural with the brace that you put around it & I thought, maybe he's trying to hide a cut there....
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

cthulhu77

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Brian da Basher

I think it looks hungry.

Brian da Basher

HOG

Quote from: sotoolslinger on January 08, 2009, 03:16:43 PM
That is just effin AWESOME :wub: :thumbsup: :bow:

`kin nice of you to say so ;D

"I think it looks hungry."

Brian da Basher

Poor thing, it`s all skin and bone, legs look like it`s got rickits, but It`s eating filler like crazy.  :lol:
G
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

HOG

Hoyhoy`al,

been working on the cockpit,

Last pic shows what you see when its done. Suddenly found out that I can`t paint round corners, hence the vid` screen's need a lot of tidying up. Didn`t want to do a lot of wiring and CBA`d to make a consol for the front, so I cheated and put the back of the dash behind a closed water/weather proof cover like on a Me109. this also needs working as it is too hard looking and looks like a scale model of a railway layout before flocking. But o`all reasonably amused but the results so far.

This picture I know is very blurry but I hope it conveys my idea of steering being on a rod which folds out of the way when getting in and out of the pit.

Oh well all comments and suggestions etc
Cheers :drink:
G
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )