2009, TIME FOR A NEW BUILD

Started by HOG, January 04, 2009, 02:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

'Bout time I checked in....and look what I've been missing ! That thing is awesome ! I love the work you've done with the styrene rod, very cool !
And I had no idea she would open up, way cool !

Can I play with it ?

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

philp

No cushions for the poor driver?  I would think clunking along in that would get a bit uncomfortable after a time.

Interior looks good.  The blurry pics does give an idea on the controls.  I always liked the dual control levers for a walker, kinda like the M-113 only mounted on each side console with weapons buttons, etc like an aircraft throttle.

Really looking forward to any other add ons and the camo.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

HOG

Hoy`s Agin.

"Can I play with it ?"

Well CC, you could but its frowned upon these days and it makes your hands hairy and you end up with glasses squinting at the little thing.

"No cushions for the poor driver?  I would think clunking along in that would get a bit uncomfortable after a time."

Philip the advantage of a MARS suit is that it comes with built in padding.
From `RESISTANCE IS USELESS or Meet Hog 2`
"MARS suit"
Marine Armour Reactive System. A combat suit with reactive impact system and limited ablative laser defense.
The suit has an internal reactive foam which upon impact by a projectile forms a solid shield stopping penetration, the harder it hits the quicker the wall is created by employing the heat upon impact. The projectile dosn`t penetrate but bruising and broken bones can occur. The exterior of the suits surface has limited deflective qualities to lasers but continued exposure will eventually erode this surface.
The shoulders, upper back, elbows, cuffs and head have padding which help protect the soldier in falls, nil gravity and when wearing the exoskeleton fighting frame.
In use the large collar is turned up, which attaches to the hat leaving a narrow vision slot, and gloves,which are carried in the trouser pockets, fix themselves to the cuffs of the jacket. Attached to the hat are on the left, a Com's link to the command net and on the right a multi function camera. On the left cuff is a screen that will show what the camera is `seeing`and on the right controls as to function, zoom infrared etc.
The MARS suit is regarded to be the marines best friend after his firearm and it is often said of it "A Mars helps you work rest and recycle out of the combat zone.

Its all explained in the brochure

H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

philp

Well, if the driver is wearing a MARS suit, that makes all the difference.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

HOG

Hoyhoy`al

LOOK MA  NO HANDS!

Well the feet are on and it actually stands alone without a prop. While searching for something else I found a box of control rods etc for radio control and decided to use these for the arms that I had always intended to add but was unsure how to fabricate. Hands should be an  interesting build job. Last pic is a better shot of the controls that fold away in the cockpit.
Still lots to build especially as I just dropped it and have to rebuild some. Enjoy.
All comments etc etc,
Cheers  :drink:
Gary
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

cthulhu77

*****    :cheers:

Seriously nice (NICE) work !

Captain Canada

Looks like she's almost ready to run out there and do her first grease job !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

sotoolslinger

Super cool  :mellow: It looks really predatory with the arms on. Go with weapons instead of manipulators for hands it'll be easier and look coool :party:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

BlackOps

Way Cool! Love the arms! Just keeps gettin' better and better.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Mossie

It looks great Gary!  I've got a suggestion, at the risk of making it more complex!  Bipeds require some serious musculature & liamenture, it's the price we pay for putting all our weight on two legs instead of four.  We need much more control as well, this is particularly where curent bi-pedal robots tend to have difficulty.  Some 'mechs' demonstrate this, others don't.

It shouldn't be too much to be honest.  A few linkages, especially around the ankles & possibly a few lines connecting the the upper & lower legs.  The foot could do with at least a single toe, this could simply be scribed in.  As always, feel free to totally ignore any comments I make!
:thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

ChernayaAkula

Whoa!  :o Looks absolutely great!  :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Ed S

Looking good, HOG.  It definitely doesn't look like an F-16.  ;D

You're creativity with "junk" is amazing.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Weaver

Ooooh look - a rockery cockpit! What's the planting scheme going to be?  ;D ;D ;D

Seriously HOG, this is an extremely good piece of work. I'm watching it with interest because I've got a steadily increasing pile of Mapad stationary bits..... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

lancer

Quote from: Weaver on January 12, 2009, 09:33:56 AM
Ooooh look - a rockery cockpit! What's the planting scheme going to be?  ;D ;D ;D

For the rockery I would plant little alpine's - small, colourful, don't take up too much space and not liable to give the driver/pilot hay fever!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Seriously though, this build is stunning beyond words. It just show's the natural genius (insanity??) of the builder. As ever superb wor from one of our resident modelling gods!!
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Brian da Basher

So when are you gonna feed the bugger, HOG?
;)
That's some amazing pro-style detail work!
:bow:
Brian da Basher