Lindberg models (NEW)

Started by tigercat2, January 04, 2009, 04:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B777LR

Quote from: The Rat on January 04, 2009, 06:08:25 PM
I'm hoping they're insane enough to bring this one back:

I want a bunch, whiffers right out of the box!

Even includes an American tractor :thumbsup:

Weaver

Quote from: Dork the kit slayer on January 05, 2009, 07:02:13 AM
Quote from: Weaver on January 05, 2009, 02:45:19 AM
Lots of whiffy goodness there: short-nosed F-11 Tiger and Cutlass..... :wub:

Didn't they do an XF-91 Thunderceptor? If they did and they re-released it, that might persuade me to break my 1/72nd only rule....(assuming it was 1/48th)... :wub: :wub:

I think there are many more wiffing miles in the "old" Thunderceptor. I got mine of Ebay for a fiver.

Man, you shouldn't do things like that without a time-warp warning - for the last 5 minutes I've been 10 years old, standing in Riley's toy shop in Stockport holding that very box in my hands and agonising over what to spend my pitiful pocket money on......

Good model!  :thumbsup: Did you modify the nose at all or "just" put the radome in it?

Now then, am I right in thinking that the XF-91's leading edge is less swept than the F-84's? In that case, it might be possible to make a 1/72nd XF-91ish thing by cutting an F-84 wing and putting a triangular plug in it.... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

sotoolslinger

Dang it no thunderceptor :banghead: But my LHS is carrying these. I am using the HUN for the Delta -100 and I also have the XF-88 but I dont have a plan for it yet. :blink:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Weaver

Hey, something else I've just noticed: the 1/100th straight-winged Vulcan. Now that might scaleorama to a 1/72nd Avro 710, which would then offer a completely different, and more "authentic" way of making my Avro Avenger strike-aircraft concept, rather than the Javelin abuse which I'm currently contemplating. On the other hand, I did stumble across an excellent way of making the Javelin less Javelinish last night... Hmmmmm......
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

I'm wholly impressed with the RAF Thunderceptor, really looks the part what with the Red Tops and the FR probe too, well done indeed.

Lindberg were the people who did the 'Blue Devil' destroyer way back when. In the 70s I used to do some work for Riko's Demonstration Team at the ME Exhibition, then held in the Seymour Halls in London. We built 3-4 of the 'Blue Devils' and fitted them with 2 or 3 channel radio and sailed them on the swimming pool there. Or rather UNDER the swimming pool........

The deck was all in one piece, which meant that as the boat heeled on turns at the end of the pool the transom would submerge, and let water in. After half a dozen of these turns the darn things would slow down and try to be submarines! We found we could actually steer them when they were a foot or so underwater, but I always ended up with the short straw to get my swimming cossie on and go and retrieve the ruddy things!

I see that the 'Devil' is STILL available now, for goodness sake. It says '...suitable for R/C with modifications'. Yeah right, like sealing the stern deck and making some access hatches?

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Rat

Quote from: B787 on January 05, 2009, 07:24:06 AMEven includes an American tractor :thumbsup:

Yeah, ain't that pic a beaut?! And with his short-sleeved uniform and baseball cap he looks soooooooo Russian!
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

frank2056

Quote from: The Rat on January 05, 2009, 04:25:23 PM
Quote from: B787 on January 05, 2009, 07:24:06 AMEven includes an American tractor :thumbsup:

Yeah, ain't that pic a beaut?! And with his short-sleeved uniform and baseball cap he looks soooooooo Russian!

But it's a red cap! So he's obviously Russian or Canadian.

NARSES2

I thought it was a women !

Lovely Thunderceptor Dork and wonderfull story Kit. My local MZ has had that big Lindberg destroyer on sale for a month or so now
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

B777LR

I dont think Russian pilots used the western/modern style white/grey hard helmets at that point either...

puddingwrestler

They really must re release the infamous MiG 29 of total fictitiousness - it's one of my favorite planes! And I can't afford collector prices - I'll certainly break my 1/72 rule to get one! Or several. I think it'd look good in metallics...
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Jeffry Fontaine

The Lindberg 1/48th scale Snark missile kit also includes a tractor.  If you are familiar with the CLETRAC (see attached image) the Lindberg CLETRAC is much better detailed than the CLETRAC provided in the Monogram B-24 kit. 
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Andrew Gorman

Lindberg kits are great!  For a very brief capsule description of what's i the boxex of some, go to
http://www.nkrmodels.com.au/
And click on "collectors corner".  Tripped over that link at modelingmadness.com

Daryl J.

Been kicking around the idea of a in-house Lindberg GB to pass the evenings.   It would hugely beat Facebook.
F-11F, XF-88, X-3 Stilletto, and OA-9 for the floaty thing GB.   Priority on the Voodoo.
:cheers:,
Daryl J., cooking a sweet rum cornbread and making a hot toddy for the sick wife.

Archangel

Lindberg had two kits I have waited years for in 1/72nd scale. The P-51-D and the P-47 , both with the 3.5 inch rocket launchers. I think that they are the only kits that have them in that scale.

dragon

Hopefully they will also reissue their "Bobtail cruiser" :cheers:
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST