Testor's F-22 M

Started by cthulhu77, January 10, 2009, 04:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noxioux

Wow.  This looks great.  It almost makes me want to dig mine out of the spares pile--but not quite! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Ed S

Nice Raptor!!  What sort of mask did you use for the spots in the camo?

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

cthulhu77

Same bit of masking as was used on the F-19...I really like using it !

Here is a bit of a lead in to the backstory...

Eddie M.

Another work of art! I love it!! ;D
Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

Hmmm....hmmmm....dropped my crayons somewhere over here...oh, yes, there they are----right next to these long pointy things (knitting needles?)

:bow:  :bow:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Sisko

Fantastic stuff as always mate!!!! :thumbsup:

Always enjoy seeing work work.
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Brian da Basher

Simply stunning!
:wub: :wub:
Brian da Basher

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

noxioux

Excellent job, man.  When I look at my pile of junk here, and then yours, I find it even more remarkable that you were able to get that pig of a kit to look so awesome! :wub: :wub: :wub:

cthulhu77

Raptor

Genetically engineered pilot Joseph Randall took off from the cold field in Northern Alaska, on patrol for the Chi-Com bombers that had hit Skagsway.  He hunched over the controls at first, his entire headset glowing an unreal green from the monitors while the craft took to the skies.
Below him, the snow pack turned to the warming ocean as he raced faster and faster towards the faint echoes of radar signals from the SR-71 W'whils.  He concentrated on the screens and his HUD, as the view outside was disturbing. His 22M seemed to be fluid, and continuously changing in shape and size, like a large glob of spit flung from a giant's hand.
The skin of the new fighter had photo-reactive cells built into it, every few inches, 16 different colours could be stimulated by a weak electrical current, some made smaller, some made larger, all to reflect the nearby surroundings.  It did not render the 22 invisible, but it sure as hell made it damn hard to spot.  The technology was based on chromatophoric distribution used by cuttlefish, a type of cephalopod, and had been rendered into a thin polymer by the genius,  Herr Doktor in the 80's.  No other airframe had been ready for this advanced coating until the production of the "stealth" fighter,  F-22.
The Backfires were slipping away on afterburner, camouflage or not, he just couldn't catch them.
"Tally Ho !" came the call across the com, and bright lights spewed across the sky as three  23's out of Quebec launched their  'rams towards the retreating flight of communist bombers.  Explosions shook the farmer's ground below while chunks of burned metal showered down on the fallow fields, the Chi-Com jets had still been carrying standoff missiles in case of an interceptor threat, but they never accounted for the almost undetectable 23's.
...more to follow, comrades.

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Rafael

Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

Ed S

I like that camo.  Looks good in winter colors

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

cthulhu77

Thanks !
  Ed, it can be wintery or summery, or fallery !