Plan 52

Started by Radish, January 11, 2009, 04:04:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radish

I've called this Plan 52 as there's 52 weeks in a year, and I intend to finish one model a week.
That sounds incredible ambitious, but as at least 26 models are standing built or part-built on the shelves, that gives me a good stock.
So far a Mirage IIIE in 1/48th has been done as a Spectre of the Imperial Roman Air Force.
A 1/72nd Rhodesian AF F-86F Sabre is almost finished too....will be this week. In fact, I've begun something new, an F-107A in 1/72nd and an Italeri Do-217J Nightfighter to add to the "prepared" stocks to help things along a bit.
We'll see how matters transpire, but so far, OK.
(But it is only January 11th..... :party:)
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

lenny100

As part of my new year resolution given to me by my dear wife I got to finish some of my part built kits this year!
she reckons i have twenty six on the go!

Could she be right????????????????
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

Martin H

most likley lenny

Ive no idea how many part started kits ive got littered around my model bench in the loft.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Radish

I've lots of "prepared" models too that can go quickly together....
Short Scarborough, various Camels, DH2 etc....

Also I've a lot of quick-build HobbyBoss kits than I can polish off in a couple of days if I want.
A mixture of old and new, including most of my Biggles builds, but lots of other daft stuff and a few, really few, real things. Real but bigger, like an Aussie A-20C, RAF B-25J and SAAF B-26 Marauder...all the latter in 1/48th. I once built and finished (complete with base) a Revell/Monogram 1/48th B-25J Mitchell in 3 days, including modifying it to a TB-25K based in Korea during the Korean War. Madness. :party:

pyro-manic

If I can finish one a month I'll be extremely chuffed. The GF has ruled that I can't buy any more kits until I get through a decent portion of my current stash. We shall have to see what can be done about that....
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Captain Canada

Good plan, Radish ! We'll all be rooting you along...only to find that unless we attend a show in the UK we'll never see a picture of one !

:thumbsup:

I'm also planning on upping my production this year.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

jorel62

I wish I had time to finish one......

Weaver

Quote from: pyro-manic on January 11, 2009, 12:42:26 PM
If I can finish one a month I'll be extremely chuffed. The GF has ruled that I can't buy any more kits until I get through a decent portion of my current stash. We shall have to see what can be done about that....

You obviously need to be working on the girlfriend then!  :wacko:

My troubles are two-fold: I'm acquiring new projects faster than I can build old ones, and I get bogged down on cockpits, the motivation fading whilst I plod throughthem, the build being held up until I can get the fuselage together.

This "prepping" sounds like an idea: I could production-line a row of pilots/cockpits more efficiently than doing them in the middle of each build, but then how would that affect Group Builds (assuming we actually get some soon...)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

ChernayaAkula

one a week certainly is ambitious! :o

Like Weaver, I acquire new projects faster than I build them. Then there's the problem of finding all new cool projects faster than acquiring them. :lol:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

nev

You call that an ambitious plan?  GAH!

How about you post a picture of every one of those 52 models?  That's a challenge!

Good luck mate.  The joys of retirement eh?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Radish

Pictures will appear one way or another. :thumbsup:

pyro-manic

Quote from: Weaver on January 12, 2009, 01:19:02 AM
Quote from: pyro-manic on January 11, 2009, 12:42:26 PM

You obviously need to be working on the girlfriend then!  :wacko:

Indeed. Or just not tell her!  :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

BlackOps

Radish, you are one ambitious bugger! :o I'm hoping to get at least one a month done this year, I say it every year, but have yet to accomplish it.

I too need to finish some in-progress builds

I'm rootin' for ya Rad!  :party:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

ysi_maniac

2 years ago, I promised myself to start only 1 model per 2 finished models every year. But:
2007 ---> 13 started and 13 finished
2008 ---> 9 started and 14 finished
2009 ---> I will try again! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Will die without understanding this world.

Radish

That looks pretty good.
Most of my current completions are already started....

Roman Spectre, Rhodesian Sabre, Biggles Spitfire etc.

On my unfinished list are: Hurricane, Bf-109G-10, Bf-109G, Fw-190Dx2, Camel, Camel sesquiplane, SE5A, F-16D Big Spine, Anson, Sea Fury, Sea Fury T20, typhoon (prop) , F-8E Crusader (x2), mi-24, F-104 (x2), M41 Walker Bulldog, P-51C, P-51D(x2), Dalek(4), Snowspeeder, F4U Corsair (x2)....
lots more "cut out and prepared" like Bf-109Gs, Cr32s, F-86F , Do-217J, Be-6, etc..... :drink: