Main Menu

Pyro's decal needs

Started by pyro-manic, January 11, 2009, 12:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pyro-manic

I'm looking for a set of Finnish air force markings to go on my Tunnan (inspired by Spinners' brilliant Strike Fighters topic). I need a set of roundels, and some sort of squadron badge if possible (not essential).

In addition, I also need a set of markings for Estonia (just the triangular roundels, though a fin flash would be useful), and the Irish Air Corps.

Finally, a set of full-colour RCAF markings, including the stripe down the fuselage, similar to the ones shown on this Voodoo: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0f/CF101Voodoo01.JPG

All of these in 1:72 scale. If anyone can help me out, that would be fantastic. :)
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Mossie

I've got some from a 1/72 Dakota which will fit a Tunnan fairly well.  I've got one on the go as well, thanks to Spinners posts & was considering Finland so I checked the decals, but I've changed my mind.  The only trouble is, two of the decals are integral to a go-faster stripe & will need some very careful trimming with a compass cutter.  No unit markings either, so you might want to hold on & see if someone offers something more suitable, but they're yours if you want them!

One thing you'll have trouble with is the serials, Ilmaviomat aircraft had a two letter prefix that identified the aircraft type.  Try as I might, I've been unable to find any codes that I could scrounge that might do for the Tunnan, TU or TN perhaps & the text is fairly unique to Finnish aircraft, although you might be able to find something roughly similar in the stash.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

pyro-manic

For serials, I'm sure I can sort something out (I can fudge it from other decals, or even hand-paint if I have to). Thanks for the offer, Mossie - what would you want in return?

Original post updated with some other requests.

gunfighter

Hello Pyro, are you in Europe? I think I have some roundels from a Mig-21 kit, I´ll look for them.

pyro-manic

Maverick

Pyro,

I'm currently offering a number of decal sheets (inkjet printed) here:

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php?topic=21738.new;topicseen#new

that might be of use...

Regards,

Mav

JayBee

Finnish air force I have the sheets for the Italeri IL-28 beagle, and the Italeri Bf-109 G-6 which gives a nice badge as well  a bit of blue sky with a black bat imposed over a white crescent moon.

Irish air corps I can spare two of the sheets given with Scale aircraft modelling in 1981, if you have not seen these they give both tricolour roundels as well as the earlier bicolour ones.
They are yours for the asking.

You will get my e-mail address in the members list.

JayBee
Prestwick
Scotland
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Mossie

Quote from: pyro-manic on January 12, 2009, 12:20:45 PM
For serials, I'm sure I can sort something out (I can fudge it from other decals, or even hand-paint if I have to). Thanks for the offer, Mossie - what would you want in return?

Original post updated with some other requests.

No problem, PM coming!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

JayBee

HI PyroM,

Got your PM
The 109 decals are post war roundels.
I just want them to go to a good home.
Let me know where and they will be in the post.

JayBee

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

JayBee

Hi Pyro,

This profile is from the AIRCAM AVIATION SERIES, No. S3, Sharkmouth.
It shows a sister aircraft to the one in the transfer sheet.
The differences are, the Sharkmouth of course, but also the moon in the artwork is yellow as compared to white in the transfer sheet.
I built a model of this particular one about 35 years ago using the old Airfix kit, and hand painted the Sharkmouth and badge.
I was realy into Sharkmouths in those days, now I am a bit more sane.
Go on, prove me wrong!

JayBee

Cats are not real. 

JayBee

Cats are not real. 

pyro-manic

Cool - thanks, JayBee. Most helpful. :)

Captain Canada

I can supply the Voodoo kit decals from the Revell kit. They're not too bad. I'm not coughing up my Belcher Bits or leading Edge ones, tho !

Do I already have your mailing addy ?

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

lancer

Quote from: Captain Canada on January 16, 2009, 04:42:14 PM
I'm not coughing up my Belcher Bits or leading Edge ones, tho !

:wub:

Not even if I asked really really really nicely and said 'pretty please'???:lol: :lol: :lol: :mellow: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

pyro-manic

You should have my addy, CC - swapped some Meteor AAMs with you a couple of months ago. Let me know if you can't find it. As long as they look ok, I'm happy - they're going on a whiff anyway. :)

Maverick - those sheets look interesting! I'm not sure I can justify buying a whole sheet of markings for just one project, though - I'd be more likely to invest in a sheet covering a group of countries - say a "Baltic states" sheet. :)