Israeli M2 Bradley

Started by Mike Wren, January 12, 2009, 05:51:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Wren

:tank:  Israel were interested in the Bradley... but they found it under-armoured, over-armed & the suspension/tracks a bit fragile, but... from one tiny picture I found on Rafael's (who designed the ERA fitted to US Army M2s) website a few years ago they tested one with the turret removed and a couple of Overhead Weapons Stations installed on the roof.

so, take one Dragon pre-built Bradley, lop the turret off, add a bit of plastic card...

still needs some large rear stowage boxes added either side of the ramp. A new roof panel, hatches & armament, and I've got some perforated etched brass which will be fitted onto the brackets I've added to the lower side armour skirts...
:tank:

cthulhu77

Just the sketches are cool, the model is really going to rock !    :tank:

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Draken35

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

BlackOps

Mike, this is lookin' good, I've missed seeing you at the bench!
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Mike Wren

Quote from: BlackOps on January 12, 2009, 07:14:47 PM
Mike, this is lookin' good, I've missed seeing you at the bench!

I've missed being at it! have now added the rear hull stowage boxes & a few other bits & pieces... pics to follow...

Mike Wren

tanktastic43

I'm really looking forward to the completion of this one. Keep up the good work.  :thumbsup:

MAD

As much as you relate the venerable M113 APC with the Israeli Army, as much as you would the U.S Army.
I think the Israeli Army is long over due for a M113 replacement.
This may be it!
Let's just hope that their combat experience steers them well away from the wheeled 'Stryker' type concept.

M.A.D

Maverick

Have to agree with everyone's thoughts.  Looks like a natural replacement for the IDF 'buckets' and takes away one of the primary problems of the Bradley (ie: its height).  Also totally agree with Robert's 'no wheels' comments.  I kinda think that the IDF will stick with tracks either which way, given that they tend to learn from their experiences unlike most Western armies.

Regards,

Mav

GTX

Given their front lines are right or their doorstep they can alleviate the need to rapidly transit great distances in the APCs/IFVs (one of the key benefits provided by the wheeled vehicles), thus they can probably not need to worry about them.  As it is, the Namer Heavy APC is probably going to be their APC of choice in the future:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

jsport

This would be very nice to see :bow: :thumbsup: