Lockheed B-30 Connie bomber

Started by Brian da Basher, January 14, 2009, 04:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe C-P

Already one of my favorite planes, you've added to my love for her.  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :thumbsup:
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

jcf

Quote from: upnorth on January 15, 2009, 06:49:39 AM
Quote from: Mossie on January 15, 2009, 04:11:35 AM
Lovely job Bri!  Kind of reminds of a Fw Condor.

That's exactly what I was thinking! Would they have the same fatigue problems the Condor had?

At any rate, that's great work Brian!

Doubtful for the reasons PR-19 has stated.
Also, the Lockheed design work was preliminary and if it had proceeded the structure would have been designed for its purpose of a bomber. The Fw 200 bomber was a conversion of the already developed B-series airliner, the prototype for which was the Fw 200 V-10.
The V-10 was converted into a long-range patrol prototype at the request of the Japanese and formed the basis of the C type.

Jon

Doc Yo

I roll to disbelieve your performance figures, Brain,  ;D but its a beautiful build. I can barely remember the
Air warning Connies I saw on Kwajalein as a child, but I got lucky enough to see MacArthur's transport at
the 'Planes Of Fame' museum near the Grand Canyon a few years ago. ( Purely by accident-I was on my honey
moon and didn't know it was there...)

jorel62

Reuben Kincaid.......wasn't he the manager of the Partridge Family.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA