Aeritalia G.222/Alenia C-27J

Started by GTX, January 17, 2009, 01:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shasper

I'd take the stretched C-27J as the basis for the AC-27, means more room for ammo & sufficient clearance between the engine & the gun mounted ahead of the wing.

Shas 8)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Captain Canada

Anybody know what colours the new Aussie birds are ? They look pretty nice ! Almost like a Yankee SOA Herc !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

Just go down to Tucsan Arizona and pick up a real one. I hear the USAF is selling 'em cheap.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Captain Canada

lol....I hear the USCG, and the Forestry Service are fighting over them !

:cheers: :blink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

Quote from: Captain Canada on April 04, 2014, 07:42:19 PM
lol....I hear the USCG, and the Forestry Service are fighting over them !

:cheers: :blink:
I hear its a fire sale.......
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

McColm

I was thinking on the same lines of the Chase XC-123A with jet engines instead of turboprops.

AS.12

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on January 17, 2009, 07:28:02 PM
So, a C-27 is nothing but a G.222? And the C-27J just brings different engines and avionics? :unsure:

That is correct.  The project started life as an internal Alenia project to update the 222, with new avionics and engine choice to be decided between the PW150 or AE2100.

After Lockheed-Martin became involved with the project, as part of the offset for the sale of C-130Js to Italy in 1999, the AE2100 was selected for commonality and the marketing name C-27J applied.  At that time that wasn't an approved US DoD designation ( only C-27A had been allocated for the original T64-engined G.222 ) but the usual pressure was subsequently applied and the designation sequence was corrupted for its brief USAF service.