Kawasaki T-4 Trainer with Teeth

Started by Ed S, January 17, 2009, 06:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed S

Here's my entry for this one.  A Hasegawa 1/72 T-4.  I'm thinking it will be in Phillipine AF markings.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

nev

Heh, I was thinking doing a T-4, maybe Indian.  Phillipino would be cool - not sure they'd want to buy off Japan though!  My tutor in the US was a kid on the Phillipines when Japan invaded and he HATED them.

Beautiful box-art isn't it?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Ed S

Yeah, Nev.  The box art is pretty good.  And the model is really nice as well. 

So I haven't forgotten this one.  I managed to get the cockpit interior and the basic assembly finished.  I've added a Harrier gun pod to the fuselage.  Still have a little PSR to blend that in.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

nev

I would have said why not use a centre-line gun pod like in the Airfix Hawk, but too late now!

Looking forward to seeing you weave your camo magic.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Ed S

This one's been on the back burner lately.  It fit pretty well and there are only a few small spots to fil and sand.

Ed

Ed S

Still working on this one.  I've been busy doing a real world Monogram P-61 that needs to be done by the end of the month for the club contest coming up.  Here it is with the first coat of  paint, a medium dark gray.  Next step is to mask it and get the next color on.  One photo was shot with flash and one without.  Neither one really does the color right.

Ed

BrittMac

Ed, this is gonna be a stunner!  Looking forward to more from this little guy.

Cobra

Super Cool :ph34r: Any plans to Add a Shark's Mouth when you Paint & Decal this Baby? i think a Shaek's Mouth would Work!!! Can't Wait for More! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheers:

Ed S

Quote from: Cobra on March 26, 2009, 09:41:11 PM
Super Cool :ph34r: Any plans to Add a Shark's Mouth when you Paint & Decal this Baby? i think a Shaek's Mouth would Work!!! Can't Wait for More! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheers:

Cobra, actually, the decal sheet I'm going to use has a shark's mouth.  If I can get it to fit, I plan to use it.

Ed

Ed S

Haven't forgotten this one, but I have been busy with some other projects lately.  Here it is partway through the painting.  The lower fuselage color has been sprayed and masked and the first upper color sprayed.  Next step is to mask it for the second upper color.  Should get some work done on it this weekend.

Ed

nev

Are you sure you've painted it?  Looks suspiciously to me like you've started a 1/72 Matchbox T-4 with the bright green plastic ;)

Ed S

I guess I'd better get going with this one.  Even with the extension, time is running out.

Here it is with the final masking.  You can see two colors of tape.  The blue is the 3M brand low tack and the light colored is cheap, sticky generic masking tape.  I found that the sticky tape works better for this application.  The little bits of blue stuff just fall of the model with the slightest provocation.

And here are some views after painting and removing all the little bits of masking.

Next up is decaling it.

Ed

nev

Mike Wren

lancer

I am impressed!!! Amazing looking cammo ED, I'm surprised that the masking didn't send you round the bend!!
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die