Kawasaki T-4 Trainer with Teeth

Started by Ed S, January 17, 2009, 06:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frank2056

Ed -

The digital camo looks fantastic - didn't see that coming!

Frank

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: frank2056 on April 29, 2009, 11:38:25 AM
Ed -

The digital camo looks fantastic - didn't see that coming!

Frank

Ditto, Ed.  What a great idea!  Love the way you pulled some of the pixels around each side of the airframe.  Very masterful.   :thumbsup:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

ChernayaAkula

Wow!  :o The camo turned out fantastic!  :bow:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Weaver

That cammo is outstanding - I wish I had that kind of patience and skill..... :bow: :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Ed S

Pleased with the squadron of Kawasaki T-4 trainers that they had purchased, the Thai AF decided to modify some of these aircraft to perform CAS and COIN missions to replace the A-37's and OV-10's in their inventory.  The modifications included the equipment and cockpit displays needed to use modern IR and Laser systems for all weather and night missions.  These new AT-4B Geckos proved to be an excellent night CAS and attack platform. The example shown here is fitted with an IR imaging pod, IR Maverick missiles and high drag "dumb" bombs.

Modeling note.  The decals are from an Albatros Sheet of A-37's. 

Ed

We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

kitnut617

I love it ----- well done with the camo :thumbsup:  :bow: :bow:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

ElectrikBlue

Excellent model Ed... and very clever work on the digital camo!  :bow: :bow: :bow:

Cobra

Awesome Job!!!!!!!!! this Baby looks Tough & Sexy with the Shark's Mouth!!!!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:Stay Cool!!!! :cheers:

Green Dragon

That turned out great Ed! Way cool.  :thumbsup:

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

ChernayaAkula

Absolutely marvellous! :bow: Looks the part in this camo and markings with this load-out.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Perfect ! - so good that I fully intend to steal your idea at the earliest opportunity !

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Green Dragon

"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Ed S

Thanks, guys.  Feel free to use the ideas.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

lancer

Oh man!! That is bloody superb!!! Brilliant work.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May