F4U Float plane

Started by Ed S, January 17, 2009, 06:54:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChernayaAkula

Wow! :o Looks awesome with decals on! The backstory is pretty cool as well! :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

nev

Another winner there Ed :)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

sequoiaranger

I like your backstory. I was just thinking of Ira Kepford's "pirate" badge (enlarged, and with a cutlass through it and blood dripping out) might be a good squadron emblem!

I suspect that you, like me and my Gander, used outrigger floats from a Grumman Albatross. Sure looks like it to me. True?
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

Ed S

Quote from: sequoiaranger on April 21, 2009, 09:18:48 AM
I like your backstory. I was just thinking of Ira Kepford's "pirate" badge (enlarged, and with a cutlass through it and blood dripping out) might be a good squadron emblem!

I suspect that you, like me and my Gander, used outrigger floats from a Grumman Albatross. Sure looks like it to me. True?

Yep.  Same source for the outrigger floats.  Build one many decades ago.  I think the floats are all that are left of it.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

John Howling Mouse

Nice job on the ocean-faded paint.   :thumbsup:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Joe C-P

Very very nice, to the point of awesome!  :thumbsup: As JHM says, the faded, chipped paint job is well done.

JoeP
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

kitnut617

Another very nice project, I hope the moderators do a 'pick-best-3' when it comes to vote on these.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike