Fangtooth
Freefall
Fretful
Fateful
Feedback
Fickle
Fungus
Femur

The list of ASCC reporting names on Wiki will help.  Don't know about K names for naval aircraft, (they're usually for Air to ground missiles, often anti-ship missiles), AFAIK the designation doesn't change between services.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO_reporting_name
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

BlackOps

OK, here's the general plan, some variations may occur  ;D

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Howedar

A properly Sovietized aircraft from the period would surely have smaller windows. Perhaps raise the canopy sill scale-six-inches or so?

Weaver

Since you're going to be doing a fair bit of cutting, how about "Fretsaw"...... ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Radish

This is looking good, and if Soviet it needs rivets, lots of them Comrade :thumbsup:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

BlackOps

And so it begins....The birth of the Yak-29 "Fetish"

First up...the donor kit....MPC/Airfix 1/72 F2H Banshee

Next...Cockpit and pilot painted and fuselage sealed up.

Also did some nose work, still going to need a little blending but not bad considering it's the back end of a Buccaneer  :thumbsup:

Oh, by the way Radish, your high Rivet count suggestion has been taken into advisement  ;D  If I can actually pull off all the blending without too much trouble I may go for a bare metal look but I'm still chicken so it may not, but if so the rivets would rock!

Next installment PSR!
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Howedar

Oh man, the fin(s) on the bottom of the nose cone make NO SENSE WHATSOEVER. I love it(them)!

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

nev

Giant nose radar = very Soviet :)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

BlackOps

A little more progress tonight, got round one of the nose PSR out of the way. Also filled the hole in the tail with styrene and got it smoothed out as well as reshaped the tail. I still need to add the leading edge gusset on the tail, but am going to wait until I figure out how to do the dorsal spine.

Here's where we are currently.

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Daryl J.

Andrew Gorman

I really like the NATO code "Fretsaw"!  When does this group build end?

BlackOps

More progress! Tonight I got the spine in place. And some more putty. Next I have to cut the canopy to fit the spine position which makes me a little nervous. I don't have a spare canopy if I botch this.

This is the most productive I've been in quite a while :)
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Taiidantomcat

You know im kind of upset, I make plans and everything goes wrong, changes mid build, or both-- You on the other hand are doing great!  :bow:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

McGreig

I'm impressed by the progress so far - the changes to the Banshee's shape are simple but very effective  :thumbsup:
Looking forward to seeing it with the wings and canopy on.  :cheers: