Main Menu

Dam Busters Group Build

Started by Hman, January 19, 2009, 12:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lancer

Should we make it a rule that any build done for this GB MUST be accompanied by the singing/whistling/humming og the Damusters theme tune???

All together now naaaaaaaa na nanananaa

I know I can't sing and I never brought a coat
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

thedarkmaster

If it's any help you can have a coat of mine.  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

lancer

Quote from: thedarkmaster on August 30, 2009, 04:43:03 AM

If it's any help you can have a coat of mine.  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Thanks for the offer, but can I have yer models instead???? :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

kitnut617

Quote from: nev on August 30, 2009, 01:14:58 AM
Binbrook is smack bang in the middle of them, on top of a big hill.

Hmm! but what exactly do you term "a big hill"   ;D  50 feet, 100 feet ?
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

nev

Big by Lincolnshire standards, small by Swiss ;)

(110m according to my OS map)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

kitnut617

Quote from: nev on August 30, 2009, 10:29:43 AM
Big by Lincolnshire standards, small by Swiss ;)

(110m according to my OS map)

He! He!  360 feet --- anyway, even Swiss hills are small compared to the Rockies where I am ----  :wacko:  Where I go trail riding in the 'hills' just west of us, I can go up a 1000 feet or more.

nev

Well, wouldn't 1000ft make it a mountain? :unsure:
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

kitnut617

Not here Nev --- foothills is what they call them around here, then you have the mountains proper.  There's some wicked dirtbike trails out there only I'm getting a bit too much out of condition to do them these days.

TsrJoe

many years ago i recall seeing in an old magazine (possibly 'Model Aircraft', and pre 1965) a conversion article using the first issue Airfix Lancaster into a 'dambuster' type based upon information avaliable at that time (remember the 'bouncing bomb' itself wasnt declassified til i think the early 70's!)

nothing much of interest there one might think but the difference with this one, and an ideal candidate for 'what-if' was that the bomb was in the form of a 'saucer shape' ie for 'skipping' across the water's surface

ill keep looking through my magazine piles to find the issue (its there 'somewhere'!) altho hopefully someone out there might have a more organised cataloguing system and find it first?

cheers, Joe
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

kitnut617

Ian (lincolnlanc on the ATF forum) built this Lanc as what appeared in the first Dambuster movie:

http://airfixtributeforum.myfastforum.org/ftopic13664-0-asc-60.php