Need part and sprue numbers for Airfix 1/72 Concorde!!!

Started by Supertom, January 21, 2009, 09:54:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supertom

....I just emailed them to ask if I could buy a set of the entire engine assembly from a 1/72 Concorde off them.  What do you think the chances are that they'll work something out?  I hear they're pretty friendly.
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

The Rat

I've heard that one can secure their co-operation with Twiglets...
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Supertom

Quote from: The Rat on January 21, 2009, 10:22:30 AM
I've heard that one can secure their co-operation with Twiglets...

Freaking Twiglet stalker...

Green Dragon

I think someones cut off the Twiglet supply in Scotland, can't find them anywhere, usually get a load for Christmas.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

kitnut617

When Rita was there I never had a problem asking for bits and pieces when I said I would buy them, sometimes they just sent the parts for no fee.  Most times I explained what I was going to use the parts for like when I asked for four Bluesteels or when I wanted only Lancaster wings etc, for my York conversions, then there wasn't any problems.

Mind you now that it's under different management I couldn't say what will happen.

Robert
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Steel Penguin

i dont think much has changed, i mentioned wanting a seconf Vulcan tail to one of the staff at IPMS telford last year, and he said to e-mail the parts dept and ask, they sent one out over the chrimbo holidays, not thought of asking for post or anything!
i admit i was rather impressed with them for it.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Martin H

I have heard that the Hornby empire is more customer service focused than many realise.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Martin H on January 24, 2009, 06:12:19 AM
I have heard that the Hornby empire is more customer service focused than many realise.

Oh goody, I'll ask if they can shrink their 1/48 TSR2 down to 1/72 scale then............... :)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Martin H

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Supertom

Hi everyone,

Would someone provide me with the part and sprue numbers off the entire engine pod assembly from the Airfix 1/72 Concorde?  I'm also unsure if the pods are "handed" or if one pod with fit either wing.  Apparently Hornby has an official US office so I'm going to try buying the sprues off them.

Thanks!

kitnut617

Tom, the parts are on a number of different sprues, I've taken some photos of the instruction sheet but can't get the pics to download at the moment, I'll email them to you instead.

Robert
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Supertom