One Stop Soviet shop

Started by Taiidantomcat, January 23, 2009, 11:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiidantomcat

:unsure: you are right duh! my mistake here is the russian version:

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Taiidantomcat

VVP-6 Soviet mobile SAM concept: :wacko: :wacko:

Found the above buildings here:

http://www.thethinkingblog.com/2007/08/gothic-stalinist-soviet-skyscrapers.html

From Grozny:

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Hobbes

From Englishrussia.com, some nuclear-powered stuff:

(edit: changed names of the ships)
Arktika-class icebreaker:

Taimyr-class coastal icebreakers:

Lighthouse:

Taiidantomcat

Some photoshop work, but still cool:

Taiidantomcat

GTX

Modern Post Soviet stuff:

Project 22350 DDG:

Project 1167 FFG:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Hobbes

um, Greg? I don't see any pics.

GTX

Try now.

And for your troubles, how about a MiG-29KUB:

Regards,

Greg

GTX

Some Russian guided bomb mods that look like we may have influenced them:

Regards,

Greg

Hobbes

Yup, they show up now. Thanks!

Those ships are interesting, they look so different from Soviet-era designs. A bit boring with all the hardware being hidden...

Sauragnmon

It's not as hidden as you might think, really, Hobbes - the Kashtans are still out in the view (they could also be the new Palma gun-missile setup)  The twin-gun mount is one that has me interested, perhaps it's an upgrade of the AK-130 instead of the A-190 100mm gun.  There's three blocks on that DDG that are VLS launchers, each of them look to be about sixteen tubes for the P-800 Oniks surface-to-surface cruise missle.  If it's anything like other new-build ship concepts I've seen the Russians putting out, there's also two quad-tube pop-up angled-launch canisters in the aft section that pop up over those walls to launch what I might suspect to be the Kh-58 missile.  There's probably also Vertical Launchers there somewhere for a new missile system they're working on to replace the SA-N-7/11 systems - I saw images of That as well, at least concept pictures, on the front of a Sovremmeny.

I always thought it might be interesting to take a Sovremmeny or Udaloy and retain at least most of its current armaments, but install plating and systems to cover over the launchers and refine the RCS of the ship so it's not such a massive blip on enemy radar.

Tempting ideas, so many tempting ideas... but the finance minister is starting to stare at my stash and go "Finish some of those first before you get into new projects" *sigh*
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

GTX

QuoteTempting ideas, so many tempting ideas... but the finance minister is starting to stare at my stash and go "Finish some of those first before you get into new projects" *sigh*

Ouch!!!

Regards,

Greg

GTX

I like the mix of traditional Russian/Soviet (weapons everywhere) and Western (all hidden), stealthier look.

Re the Project 22350, my quick research indicates the front gun is a twin 130mm A-192.  Here's a line drawing of the ship:

Regards,

Greg

Taiidantomcat

lancer

I DO like those post Soviet ship designs... Very sleek and sexy!!!
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die