One Stop Soviet shop

Started by Taiidantomcat, January 23, 2009, 11:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

GTX

Anyone in for some super detailing of a Su-24:

It is after all a nice looking bird:

Even if budget cutbacks sometimes cause crews to resot to special measures to undertake Recon:

BTW, these and more can be found here.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

GTX

Some more:

Always up for an Su-32:

Ouch!

Cheeky crew:

Regards,

Greg

B777LR

Quote from: GTX on November 28, 2009, 12:35:16 PM
Ouch!

If i'm not completely mistaken, isn't that one of those damaged by a manpad in Chechnya or Afganistan?

GTX

GTX

Quote from: B787 on November 28, 2009, 12:37:56 PM
If i'm not completely mistaken, isn't that one of those damaged by a manpad in Chechnya or Afganistan?

Wrong - this one was from the Georgian War.

Regards,

Greg

GTX

"Proof" the USSR had their own Lynx copy??? :rolleyes:

regards,

Greg

BadersBusCompany

Excellent pic of the Lynx buzzing the Sov ship Greg, any ideas as to what ship the helo came off???

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Sauragnmon

Seriously, those last two put the Mammoth in Mammoth Tank...
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

GTX

Quote from: BadersBusCompany on November 28, 2009, 02:12:37 PM
Excellent pic of the Lynx buzzing the Sov ship Greg, any ideas as to what ship the helo came off???

Sorry, but no.  Mind you, I do like the idea of doing a Lynx in Soviet markings.

Regards,

Greg

kitbasher

I found http://vvs.hobbyvista.com/Research/vvs_articletype.php very handy, as I very rarely build Soviet stuff.  http://www.fritzthefox.com/soviet_camo_guide.html helped a little, too, when planning my Sag-3 Biram.   ;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Sauragnmon

Very cool stuff in those links, some rather interesting articles on both sites.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Taiidantomcat

Agreed excellent contribution...and now i know how to describe the various stars :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.