One Stop Soviet shop

Started by Taiidantomcat, January 23, 2009, 11:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

GTX

You should like these then:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Mossie

Taidans pic would make a great dio, mount a 1/48 Foxhound on a rod entered into it's side, then use some N gauge scenery to replicate the scene below.  Gorgeous pic!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

GTX

Quote from: Mossie on December 21, 2009, 02:14:04 PM
Taidans pic would make a great dio, mount a 1/48 Foxhound on a rod entered into it's side, then use some N gauge scenery to replicate the scene below.

And with a 1/72 or 1/144th B-1B or B-2A in the background about to be intercepted...

Regards,

Greg

Taiidantomcat

Been looking at Floggers a bunch recently for some future projects  :wacko: the variety of machines and paint schemes is incredible:

Love those Foxhounds Thanks GTX! :thumbsup: Interesting seeing folks in NBC gear.

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

chrisonord

Something a bit different for you.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

chrisonord

chrisonord

And here are a few that will bring a tear to a few peoples eyes :o

Cheers,
Chris.

Taiidantomcat

:o graveyards :wacko:

Great contributions Chris and Happy Birthday!  :party:

chrisonord

Quote from: Taiidantomcat on January 06, 2010, 12:15:20 PM
:o graveyards :wacko:

Great contributions Chris and Happy Birthday!  :party:
Cheers mate, :thumbsup:
Those flogger pics are excellent by the way, I wish a 2 seater was available in 1/72nd scale, as it is on my must have Russian plane list.
Cheers,
Chris.

Sauragnmon

I agree, the two-seater looks pretty beefy, though looking at the two it doesn't look like there's much change to the spine really - looks like the seat's just a straight back extension - the canopy layout reminds me of a Foxhound though, wonder what merit might be in that thought.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

GTX

lancer

If I could get hold of a 2 seat MiG 23/27 it would be turned into a Soviet SEAD type, as I think that this plane would be an excellent platform for that role
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

nev

Could we have a few less pics per post please?  This page must be killing some peoples PCs.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Sauragnmon

Just randomly thinking, the Foxhound's canopy looks about similar to the Flogger Twin Seat... I wonder if it wouldn't be possible to make a redesign of the pit, based off something like a Phantom, and then fit the twin hole canopy on one of the models... Just blend it right into the standard spine and pit glass, and go from there.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.