One Stop Soviet shop

Started by Taiidantomcat, January 23, 2009, 11:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiidantomcat

Will do Comrade Nev.  Love those Foxhound shots  :cheers:

As for making a two seater it seems possible... I'm no rivet counter. A Phantom looks like it would work

And:

The angle is different but the glass sure looks similar. I always just assumed that somewhere out there was a kit of a training flogger... :huh:

And i will leave with these:

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Sauragnmon

The glass from a front perspective looks similar, but the problem is, the canopy on the Phantom has a hump to it, owing to the somewhat stepped cockpit - a Foxhound's pit sits very flat, and doesn't have the hump in the glass, and looks to have a very similar profile to the second canopy.

I don't think there's ever been a training flogger model built - you could try a phantom's pit to get the two seater though.  Revell you can actually Buy the sprues from directly if you request them, so the foxhound canopy isn't impossible to get.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: Sauragnmon on January 16, 2010, 11:54:18 AM
The glass from a front perspective looks similar, but the problem is, the canopy on the Phantom has a hump to it, owing to the somewhat stepped cockpit - a Foxhound's pit sits very flat, and doesn't have the hump in the glass, and looks to have a very similar profile to the second canopy.

I don't think there's ever been a training flogger model built - you could try a phantom's pit to get the two seater though.  Revell you can actually Buy the sprues from directly if you request them, so the foxhound canopy isn't impossible to get.

Well said  :thumbsup: ...Worth trying too

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Taiidantomcat

GTX

Cold do you think (I love the polar bear marking):

Another:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

GTX

Nice MiG-29KUB:

Regards,

Greg

Mossie

Had to post this in here when I saw the link in grayman's Caspian Sea Monster thread, very post-Soviet.

Many more photo's in this link, download heavy:
http://igor113.livejournal.com/51213.html

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

ChernayaAkula

Ship-borne Ka-52 trials!  :o Most interesting!

And a Mi-28N Havoc reference pic. At least I think there's a Mi-28 somewhere in that pic.  :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Taiidantomcat

Nice... Errr Helicopter!  ;D Seriously interesting pics with that Ka-52  :cheers:

Sauragnmon

That's taken on the Kuznetsov too - you can see the number in the markings, only present on the Carriers.  Interestingly, it looks like an older version of the Ka-52, or I'm not sure, I could have sworn the newer ones had a filled nose and the FLIR offset underside, something like that.

And that IS a Mi-28 - five-bladed rotor, oddball nose, and that chin mounted 30mm beasty cannon.  The Ka-50's got a cleaner nose to it.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Cliffy B

Gotta love all those Russian models around the helo  :mellow:
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

GTX

Interesting indeed - Ka-52s would make a potent addition to Russian Amphibious forces.

Regards,

Greg

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: Sauragnmon on April 14, 2010, 04:42:35 PM
That's taken on the Kuznetsov too - you can see the number in the markings, only present on the Carriers.  Interestingly, it looks like an older version of the Ka-52, or I'm not sure, I could have sworn the newer ones had a filled nose and the FLIR offset underside, something like that.

And that IS a Mi-28 - five-bladed rotor, oddball nose, and that chin mounted 30mm beasty cannon.  The Ka-50's got a cleaner nose to it.

Yeah, it's an "older" Ka-52. It seems that sensor fit was carried in 2008 (CLICK!). In 2009, the nose looks like what you describe (CLICK!).

And I know that's a Mi-28N. The nose is pretty distinctive. I was just joking that the helo was a tad hard to see because of the other... birds in that pic. ;)
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Sauragnmon

Yes, birdwatching in Russia can be so very nice indeed... Ka-52's for Amphib forces could be quite a potent addition indeed, Greg.  Considering they're talking about removing the Granits from Kuznetsov, and increasing her airwing, it comes with interesting pairing with that shot of a Ka-52 on the Kuz.

ChernayaAkula

I can't remember who was in the progress of building an amphibious landing ship out of a Kirov-class, but a couple of Ka-52s would be just the ticket for supplying close air support.  :wacko:
Cheers,
Moritz