One Stop Soviet shop

Started by Taiidantomcat, January 23, 2009, 11:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiidantomcat

Russian Army new uniforms

^The one on the left surprised me... looks pretty familiar. I have no idea why of all the patterns to copy they would do that one. :unsure:

^ probably the nicest boots ever issued to a Russian soldier

Looks very Similar to American troops: armor, goggles, helmet shape etc. equipment will probably continue to improve thanks to combat experience and a desire to start a professional army

All pics can be seen here:

http://englishrussia.com/index.php/2010/07/13/new-uniform-of-the-russian-army/#more-15533
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

ChernayaAkula

^ Interesting stuff! :thumbsup: Yeah, that looks like a straight copy of the Waffen SS Eichentarn (oak camo).  :o

I thought the pic with the tall dude with a bandana in the middle and the short guys with the "crease-proof" headwear on the left was interesting. Shows that grunts do come in different sizes. :lol: Maybe model manufacturers should take note, instead of always going for the standard size, 5' 10'' and medium build.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Taiidantomcat

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

rickshaw

Quote from: Taiidantomcat on October 30, 2010, 01:59:07 PM

^ probably the nicest boots ever issued to a Russian soldier

Did they issue him with socks though?  ;)

Damned expensive boots, if the Farady.ru website is to be believed.   :o
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: sotoolslinger on November 10, 2010, 03:44:34 AM
Holy crap that is cooooool :mellow: :wub: :thumbsup: :bow:

Damn right it is. Because if the massive twin guns don't do the job, you can still hack 'em to pieces with the axes attached to the tank!
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

saintkatanalegacy

it needs a TOR-M1 thingy attached to it to be honest...
Ivylicious!™

CanisD

Looks like the Demolisher from Battletech.
"If you want to have dinner with the Devil, make sure to bring a long spoon!"
Wolf's Shipyard
Wolf's Shipyard Forum

pyro-manic

Mammoth tank from one of the Red Alert games.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on April 14, 2010, 05:48:30 AM
Ship-borne Ka-52 trials!  :o Most interesting!

<...>

Remember these pics? It has since transpired (see THIS THREAD on ARC) that these Ka-52 actually landed on the French amphibious assault ship Mistral. One Mistral-class ship is on order by the Russian Navy, with three more possibles that may be built at Russian yards. HERE are some pics of Ka-27 Helix landing on Mistral when she visited Russia.
Cheers,
Moritz

Taiidantomcat

NARSES2

Love the Soviet GIANT in the top pic  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Taiidantomcat

Exotic Azeris:

And of course a paint diagram  :thumbsup:

jynx

Azerbaijan decals from Linden Hill are coming out.  I like the SU-17m3.  Mig-29 looks nice also. :cheers:

Taiidantomcat