One Stop Soviet shop

Started by Taiidantomcat, January 23, 2009, 11:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pyro-manic

Well, the image file itself is titled Domodevo 1967, so I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and say..... 1967? ;D
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

ChernayaAkula

^ Going by the trajectory of the sun, I'd say 19th of August 1967, slightly past noon.  :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Old Wombat

^^
Looking at the Image Info??? :blink:

That's cheating, that is! :o

(a.k.a. "Why didn't I think of that? :banghead:)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

pyro-manic

lancer

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on November 20, 2011, 01:01:11 PM
^ Going by the trajectory of the sun, I'd say 19th of August 1967, slightly past noon.  :thumbsup:

Nahhh Moritz, you're about an hour or so out. The polit beaurau declared daylight saving a coupple of days before, just to confuse the hell out of all those sneaky western satellites wizzing past overhead
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Paulie

and when i see this my hearth cries... :( stashed near Sliač AF (near Banska Bystrica, Slovakia)

and one bonus :D

Build what you want, how you want and have fun! :)

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

pyro-manic

Not really a fan of the Mig-29, but those are some excellent paintjobs!

Sauragnmon

I'd love to give one of those Fishbeds a nice new loving home... I love the Fishbed's look, always have.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Paulie

Quote from: Sauragnmon on January 06, 2012, 11:53:37 AM
I'd love to give one of those Fishbeds a nice new loving home... I love the Fishbed's look, always have.

me too :) i saw one in air when i was kid :) old, but nice piece of art, still has something say :P
Build what you want, how you want and have fun! :)

perttime

Quote from: Paulie on January 07, 2012, 10:48:54 AM
i saw one in air when i was kid :) old, but nice piece of art, still has something say :P

I once saw four in the air. It must have been an independence day because there was a military parade in town. I couldn't be bothered to go to town center, 10 km away, or so ... but a look at the map confirmed my estimate: I could see the airplanes if I went behind the house at the right time. Sure enough: four MiG-21s.

... last year, it was some Hornets and helicopters.

upnorth

me too :) i saw one in air when i was kid :) old, but nice piece of art, still has something say :P

I saw a pair do a fly past to open an airshow here in the Czech Republic in 2004. It was one of the last airshow appearances by Czech 21s as they were replaced by the Gripens in 2005.

I consider myself fortunate to have seen them as the Czechs had retired all their other Soviet era fast jets by the time I arrived here in 2004.

It gave me a bit of a chill to see the 21s as I knew it was probably the only time that I would see living, breathing examples of the type.
My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

PR19_Kit

When I lived in Berlin in 1978 the DDR used to fly their Mig 21s overhead West Berlin at around 20-30000 ft at their highest possible speed, Mach 2 presumably, whenever they wanted to protest about something. This was usually one of their 'citizens' escaping to the West very publically. All day we'd be treated to double sonic booms, and after the first two or three such occasions we got used to it.

All I could see of the Migs was that they were tri-angular, and that was with a good pair of bins!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

RussC

Quote from: upnorth on January 08, 2012, 01:42:21 AM

I saw a pair do a fly past to open an airshow here in the Czech Republic in 2004. It was one of the last airshow appearances by Czech 21s as they were replaced by the Gripens in 2005.

I consider myself fortunate to have seen them as the Czechs had retired all their other Soviet era fast jets by the time I arrived here in 2004.

It gave me a bit of a chill to see the 21s as I knew it was probably the only time that I would see living, breathing examples of the type.

Still some 21's flying in the states under civil ownership. In Burlington , Vermont an outfit titled Warplanes Inc (no web site, if that is still possible !) restores older jets like Vampires, Venom, Hunters, Magister, Ouragan, Sabres, F-100, Mig-15 through 21, L-39, and Lansen, as well as some War 2 machines. The owner has a 21C and a 21U (mongol) trainer flying regularly. I used to see it coming and going a lot during the summer airshow season. It was painted medium gray and had Romanian markings.
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

Sauragnmon

Personally, I wish the Serbians would restore Zeljava Airbase and use it as a museum... such a massive work of construction should not be left to rot like that... then again, if I won a massive ammount of money I might consider buying it off them and living there.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.