F-404 J PhantomStar

Started by sotoolslinger, January 25, 2009, 12:38:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sotoolslinger

I have the ultra dark navy color but it always ends up looking black .I like the idea of dark green. I will draw it out in pencil first then mask everything. I'll post pics as I go along so y'all can throw out suggestions.
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

sotoolslinger

Well I got so involved in the masking that I forgot to post the in progress
Remasked

Repainted with dark green

Peeled

I am still not entirely satisfied :huh: I will let this set tonight and think about it while I do some work on my new project. Tomorrow I will remask yet again and shoot on the really dark navy blue I have. Really getting tired of masking but I am not satified yet.
I amuse me.

Eddie M.

See, that's what I've been tryin to do, but with little success. Very mesmerizing.......
Look behind you!

sotoolslinger

Thanks boss ;D It ain't near as cool as the single engine Eagle but hopefully I can get close :thumbsup:
I amuse me.

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

BlackOps

:blink: Hey yer makin' my eyes all twirly! I think the green helped break it up and tie it back together.  Looks cool  :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

sotoolslinger

Thanks y'all  ;D It's working pretty well if it's making you dizzy :lol: :rolleyes:
I amuse me.

cthulhu77

Now we need a photo of that bird and the Single engine F-15 together !!!  That's really make you crazy !

retro_seventies

What you've done here is nothing short of sorcery!

Blending these two together should have been incredibly hard, but for you it seems to be the most natural thing in the world.  She's perfect, and she looks so NATURAL - this one really should have been real. 

Brilliant!   :wub: :wub: :wub:
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

Ed S

"not entirely satisfied"  Dang, you're a hard man to please.  I think it looks pretty good.

:cheers:

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Sauragnmon

Dazzling Camo, Ron.

Yeah, the green doesn't fit very right.  You need almost a blackish blue to get with it cleanly, the green stands out too much.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Brian da Basher

Yowsa what an eye-popping scheme! Your paintwork never ceases to amaze, Toolslinger!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

sotoolslinger

Thanks y'all I am pleased you like it. I must admit it is one of my favorite shapes for an AC that I have done in a while. Kudos and a big Texas yeehaw to JP Vieira for the idea and ARC for the color scheme. I had planned on adding the dark blue today but it is raining so I will open up a thread on the new project instead. :wacko:
I amuse me.

ElectrikBlue

She's a beauty!  :wub: :wub: :wub:

I wish I have your amazing modeling and painting skills. :thumbsup:

Looking forward to the next project!

EB

sotoolslinger

Thanks Blue ;D the next one is a bit more.... radical :wacko:
I amuse me.