F-404 J PhantomStar

Started by sotoolslinger, January 25, 2009, 12:38:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sauragnmon

J-79's weren't as powerful as Speys in the end, but the Spey Phantoms had slightly less aerodynamics - at low level flight, the Speys put out more speed at the end of the day.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

John Howling Mouse

I wish I had half your reckless bravery when it comes to styrene, STS.
Seriously, seeing how fast you smash bits together then sling the putty on, I think "this is how a kodiac bear would build models if it could!"
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

sotoolslinger

So your saying I can just bear-ly build models :o :blink:
;D :lol: :rolleyes:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

jcf

Ron,
please stick with the wonderful whacked out models and leave the bad comedy to the professionals.

;D

sotoolslinger

Point taken ...never get out of the boat :blink: ;D
I amuse me.

bexwh773

Well well my dear Slinger of Tools, I leave you alone for a few weeks and what do you sneak out while my backs turned? Two of my favourite aircraft all in one  :bow:  Now, having seen me build two of these Testors excuse for Phantoms, did you not notice all the wooden ice lolly sticks inserted into my models  :banghead:  Ah thou hath not learned from thy Queen of Wood  :party:

Anyways, all that aisde, it does look very very very cool, really impressed with this one, and, I do happen to have a 72nd 104 & F-4 that are crap moldings, I might, just might have to steal a leaf out of your book  :wub:

Bexy
Becky aka Bex

sotoolslinger

Well hello my little sister. I have missed you. I thought this one might be of interest to you ;D :lol: JP Vieira did the profile of this and Arc has some really slick color renderings on his profile thread. I and I'm sure they would love to see you do one of these little beauties :thumbsup: I did not purposely ignore your previous experience with this atrocious pile o crap but it was only 3 bucks :rolleyes:
I amuse me.

Sauragnmon

"But it was cheaper!"

I know that line all too well myself, Ron.  It's what caused the cursed pile of plastic known as my RFS Vladivostok.  Damn thing sucked so bad on the details that I've pretty much replaced Everything but the hull and island.  Radars, Weapons, Airwing, Boats, all of it.  A couple bucks and I would have had the Trumpeter Kiev instead.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

bexwh773

Quote from: sotoolslinger on January 29, 2009, 07:44:39 AM
Well hello my little sister. I have missed you. I thought this one might be of interest to you ;D :lol: JP Vieira did the profile of this and Arc has some really slick color renderings on his profile thread. I and I'm sure they would love to see you do one of these little beauties :thumbsup: I did not purposely ignore your previous experience with this atrocious pile o crap but it was only 3 bucks :rolleyes:

Awww missed you too Ron  :wub:  Oh now Im back (I reinstalled my lap top over Xmas so I could play flight sim again and I lost most of my bookmarks) I shall be watching this one with interest. You know what, stuff it, Im gonna build one, RAF or Royal Navy :bow:  My Photo Phantom I got ripped off with, but the F-4E I painted NMF & 43 Sqn only cost me I think $8. "Atrocious pile o crap" you are being too kind but I dont think Id better type my thoughts in an open forum or I might get shoved in The Mods Naughty Corner for eternity.
Becky aka Bex

sotoolslinger

Now with a nice bit o tail :wacko:

As you can see by the fit of the gear doors and the intakes the Testors F-4 kits are rancid crap. It's a good thing I planned on cutting this (and the other one :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:) to pieces or I would be really pissed.  ;D
Oh well ,so much more PSR ahead ;D :rolleyes:
I amuse me.

bexwh773

Hmm Yes the Testors Phantoms have to be one of the worst my dear friend, and unless Im really desperate, I wont build another. Now then, this Lady is looking very impressive, and, that tail end looks as though it was meant to be  :thumbsup: 

I have one observation though, the two from Sparrow slots, will you be filling them, as with the 104 office fitted the rest of the slots have vanished. Or you could just tell me to shut up  ;D

Bexy
Becky aka Bex

sotoolslinger

I will in fact be filling those left over slots but I hate to lose useful details so I will be scaleorama ing some 1/72 sensor pods into them  :wacko: I'll show some pics in a minute ;D
I amuse me.

sotoolslinger

See I got a one of these and a one of those

I haven't decided what to do with the mounts yet. I might cut em off and fair them in or I might mount them modified or I might do one of each.  :blink:
I amuse me.

bexwh773

Quote from: sotoolslinger on January 29, 2009, 12:19:37 PM
I haven't decided what to do with the mounts yet. I might cut em off and fair them in or I might mount them modified or I might do one of each.  :blink:
Hmm I knew youd have a bright idea tucked up ya sleeve  :bow:  Heres a thought, keep the plastic mounts to make sure you get a good fit, then perhaps use milliput / filler to sclupt a homemade fairing instead?

Bex
Becky aka Bex

sotoolslinger

I'm not sure yet they would fit pretty well like this

With the mounts cut off
I amuse me.