F-404 J PhantomStar

Started by sotoolslinger, January 25, 2009, 12:38:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sotoolslinger

Thanks DJ  :thumbsup: The actual unit markings on this one are up in the air right now. I will definitely do the excellent ARC profile splinter blue that I posted on the first page but I am not sure of the nationality or unit yet . :unsure: I kinda owe a certain loud rodent some Maple leaves ;D
And as everyone knows Canada and the RoT are allies :lol:
Now to keep my promise the proposed LOADOUT
The remaining recessed missile slots will be packing these long range radar guided honkers

The centerline hardpoint will be sporting a 200 gallon droptank with 2 medium range radar or ir homers

While the outer wing hardpoints will wear 325 gallon tanks +2 (each) short range heat seekers

She will also be hanging two multimode missiles on the Phantoms standard inner wing hardpoints.
That would be a total of 12 AAM's and the 20 mm :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.

sotoolslinger

Now that you have seen the actual work here is what I use

In other words everything. Now I will repost

The important thing in this image is not the model it is the little pot o water under it.
ALSO look back and see the files....all the fancy sanding sticks (which are very useful) can be replaced with sand paper(wet) backed up with various shapes  to fit various contours. I like mini and micro files wrapped with the various grits of sandpaper to get into hard to reach places. I almost never use my hands to hold the sandpaper. I generally always use some sort of properly shaped backer .If I have to I will use a dowel or a piece of wood or plastic and custom carve a shape to wrap sand paper around.
I amuse me.

John Howling Mouse

Swizzle stick sanding strips?  Never heard of those.  How do you use them?  Like jeweller's filing cords?  Do you have any riffler files (see below)?  I find those really useful for odd-ball curved crevises, etc.

And I normally wrap wet sandpaper around a used credit card (with its magnetic strip removed) to get into tight places, too.

http://www.woodzone.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=828131
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

sotoolslinger

Yep ,thanks for reminding me I got all those . Look here
http://www2.stevenshobby.com:5641/
I amuse me.

cthulhu77

Looking rode hard and left...

Scooterman

I have to say it again.........

Your PSR is Fight, my Master :bow:

sotoolslinger

Hey she was dry when I put her away  ;D
Scoot I am still only an Apprentice so I can't rightfully be called master ........yet :wacko:
I amuse me.

sotoolslinger

Ok she is getting close so I went ahead and permanently mounted the tail

Here is more on the proposed
Load out a total of 850 gallons o gas and 12 varied AAM's

I have to go look up missile and jet fuel weights so I can figure empty and loaded specs :wacko:
I amuse me.

cthulhu77

Arc3371

Looks amazing! Btw have you considered to make it ROCAF bird? Kind of an early IDF?

sotoolslinger

Well I wouldn't mind doing a Republic o China plane but the roundels would disappear on the nice blue splinter paint scheme ;D What is the IDF it googles as Israeli Defence Force :huh: :blink:
I amuse me.

Arc3371

IDF in ROCAF = Indigenous Defence Fighter or AIDC F-CK-1 Ching-kuo

sotoolslinger

Thanks  :thumbsup: What are th :thumbsup: markings you have on the original Blue Splinter Profile?  You know If you guys didn't have such great planes already I could do it up Swedish ;D I got lots o left over Swede decals from raping the Draken and the Viggen. I just kinda figured it would be insulting to stick y'all with Republic of Texas manufactured planes :huh: :rolleyes:
I amuse me.

bexwh773

Ron, shes looking superb  :bow:  I also like how youve mounted (oooo er ) the weapons & tanks  :thumbsup:  Got a cheapo 104 from the Model Kraft Show today, so Im now a go for my 72nd version.

Bexy

P.S:  Dont you just LURVE :wub:  Phantom intakes and their delightful fit :lol:
Becky aka Bex