Mach2

Started by Thorvic, January 27, 2009, 11:59:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Librarian

I still get nightmares from building the SeaDart...I was too young to suffer like that :banghead:

chrisonord

Quote from: Librarian on December 05, 2016, 11:36:32 AM
I still get nightmares from building the SeaDart...I was too young to suffer like that :banghead:
[/quote
👻💀😂
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 05, 2016, 11:14:24 AM
Quote from: Gondor on December 05, 2016, 10:55:35 AM
The Argosy looks good. On my part I made a mistake and bought the Sand /Brown camouflaged boxing and only later realised that I should have bought the boxing with the white uppers in RAF service  :banghead:

Gondor

But surely the mouldings are the same, aren't they Alastair? The civvie one should have different nose and rear doors though.

Yes kit all the versions can physically be built from the parts provided. I would have liked more options decal wise in the box as I realised after purchase that I preferred the other markings for an RAF machine other than the camouflaged version partly because it was more representative.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

McColm

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 04, 2016, 03:37:30 PM
Quote from: 63cpe on December 04, 2016, 03:04:40 PM

Bought one....cut the fuselage halves , wing and tailboom from the sprues.. played with it and put it on top of the heap. Seems an OK model, maybe the best yet from Mach2. Also have their Seamaster, Provider, Seadart, Liftingbodies and Huskie....
One has to be a masochist to built the latter. :wacko:  Bought miself a vacuformed huskie for a kitbash project ......one day...
I reckon the lifting bodies are better than the Provider and the Seadart. The Seamaster and Argosy are the best efforts IMHO.

I'm with you in the Seamaster, Sea Dart and the lifting bodies. The Seamaster is a tour de force with that beaching 'trolley', but it needs some de-warping before it all fits together. If the Argosy is of that class it should build well.

The Seamaster has a roughly moulded, and inaccurate canopy for the version modelled, but Mr. Anigrand will sell you two of his vacform canopies for very little moolah and they're much better, and accurate too.
I've also got the SeaMaster kit. Had problems with the cockpit floor and engine housing. So they were ditched. Used two 1/48 turbofans from a Lockheed S-3A Viking and the T-tail from a 1/100 Trident VEB kit. Both secondhand 'spares and repairs'. Looks more like the Beriev A-40 Mermaid from certain angles!

chrisonord

I can't seem to find any build reviews for the argosy anywhere ont net,maybe those that bought them locked them away in a dungeon for all eternity,never to be built.
Chris.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: chrisonord on December 06, 2016, 01:18:31 PM
I can't seem to find any build reviews for the argosy anywhere ont net,maybe those that bought them locked them away in a dungeon for all eternity,never to be built.
Chris.

Maybe they're still trying to build them?  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Radleigh on Britmodeller has actually got one together.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

I'm sure I've seen an Argosy build in a magazine ??
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

KiwiZac

I've been watching a 1/72 Soyuz rocket on our local auction site for a while, but the fact it's Mach 2 makes me incredibly reluctant.
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

chrisonord

Quote from: The Wooksta! on December 06, 2016, 03:19:38 PM
Radleigh on Britmodeller has actually got one together.
I not on Britmodeller, but would like to see how he went about doing battle with said kit.
Chris.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: KiwiZac on December 07, 2016, 11:36:24 AM
I've been watching a 1/72 Soyuz rocket on our local auction site for a while, but the fact it's Mach 2 makes me incredibly reluctant.

There's got to be one good point about a Mach 2 rocket kit, there's no clear parts for them to mould opaque.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TsrJoe

I picked up the Mach Soyuz kit at Telford, an ok kit so far (iv built the boosters and core module) the smaller items will need a lil cleanup tho methinks :)

cheers, Joe
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

KiwiZac

Thanks Joe, that's really nice to hear. The price is NZ$98 - roughly GBP56. A fair price or no?

Kit - you make a good point  ;D
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Martin H

Quote from: KiwiZac on December 08, 2016, 12:05:01 PM
Thanks Joe, that's really nice to hear. The price is NZ$98 - roughly GBP56. A fair price or no?

Kit - you make a good point  ;D

Well depending on the version/boxing the price at hannants ranges from £39.99 to £44.99
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

McColm

Has anyone built the Super Frelon helicopter?