Mach2

Started by Thorvic, January 27, 2009, 11:59:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitnut617 on June 29, 2015, 03:17:30 AM
Will have to dig out the RF-57F I had started way back before my house move some years ago. It got packed away for the move and I haven't seen it since, got to remember which box it's in   :banghead: .

It'll be a big one for sure!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 29, 2015, 03:41:30 AM
Quote from: kitnut617 on June 29, 2015, 03:17:30 AM
Will have to dig out the RF-57F I had started way back before my house move some years ago. It got packed away for the move and I haven't seen it since, got to remember which box it's in   :banghead: .

It'll be a big one for sure!

Yes, it will go with the High Planes RF-57D I have too --- mind you, while working on it's engine nacelles, they inspired my new inner wing engine section for a my 'wide-body' Avro Atlantic
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Captain Canada

Time to break out the camera Robert !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitnut617

McColm

Has anyone built the Mach2 RB-57F  on this site?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: McColm on July 20, 2015, 11:33:34 PM
Has anyone built the Mach2 RB-57F  on this site?

I've started mine, three times so far.............  :banghead:

It's not easy, and the transparencies aren't, as usual with Mach 2, but they're slightly better than others. Getting the wings to have the same amount of anhedral really needs a jig though.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

McColm

Thanks Kit, I'll check and see what aftermarket products there are and may buy a donor Canberra for spare parts.

kitnut617

Quote from: McColm on July 21, 2015, 10:59:32 PM
Thanks Kit, I'll check and see what aftermarket products there are and may buy a donor Canberra for spare parts.

There's not very much, but I've got a clear-vac canopy for mine, Squadron or Falcon, can't remember which (the model is started but got packed when I did a house move a few years ago and not seen it since).  When High Planes was still owned by it's original owner you could buy bit & pieces from his kits from him, I got a bunch of u/c stuff from his RB-57D kit to do mine.  Don't know if the present owners are as accommodating ---

Weaver

Hannants have Mach 2's 1/72nd Bell X-1E on sale for a tenner:

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/MACH7239
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Do you get the headache medication of your choice included for that price ? I've not built that kit but the other Mach 2 kit I've attempted gave me a severe headache  :blink:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

The one big advantage a Mach 2 model of the Bell X-1E has is that the clear bits are VERY small! So there's not so much scope for seeing an awful cockpit, either the windows themselves or the misshapen interior.

I doubt it makes much difference to the lack of fit of all the other bits though......

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 07, 2015, 12:38:15 AM
Do you get the headache medication of your choice included for that price ? I've not built that kit but the other Mach 2 kit I've attempted gave me a severe headache  :blink:

lol that's a good one Chris ! I've been thinking of ordering a resin kit of late, but to tell you the truth, you guys are scaring me ! lol
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitnut617

Quote from: Captain Canada on September 07, 2015, 07:12:59 AM

lol that's a good one Chris ! I've been thinking of ordering a resin kit of late, but to tell you the truth, you guys are scaring me ! lol

You'd be better off buying a resin kit Todd, Mach II kits are a bit of a challenge as injection kits go though. But I wouldn't say worse than some other short run injection kits I've built.

NARSES2

Quote from: Captain Canada on September 07, 2015, 07:12:59 AM

Capt, a well produced resin kit can be as easy, sometimes easier, than an injection moulded type to make. I build a lot of resin and enjoy it. Only difference from them and mainstream is the need to give them a thorough wash prior to starting, you use superglue and wear a mask whilst sanding, although many don't.

So it really depends on the maker of the kit
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Thanks for the tips Chris ! I have a resin TSR.2 that Thor gifted to me years ago...too chicken to build it tho. I should probably start with somat smaller/ cheaper/ easier !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?